It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

angel880 HB User
intense stomach pain,mucus,nasea etc please help!

hI i am a 27 year old female. My medical history is only some herniated discs and one surgery in Sept to fix one. Over the past 8 days I have had some Crazy and embarrassing symptoms. It started with having a BM that was all Mucus no stool. That continued in large quantities for a few days despite taking a softener because I thought maybe constpation. I then began to have extreme pain around my belly button and all below it! That has been continual for about 5 days with only some relief when I lay down. I have had diarhea for 2 days now but not very productive (not much mucus now). Every time I stand or walk for any amount of time the pain gets unbearable and I feel so dizzy like I am going to pass out. Pain is in waves it gets horrible for a few hours then better for a few. My temp has been fairly low actually over the whole week anywhere from 94.5-96.5 with only one reading of 99. It seems like It is lower the worse I feel. I have had Hemorrhoids (I think) over the past year off and on but I just thought it was from sitting so much with all the back pain and surgeries. Other symptoms over the last 2 days have been some heart racing, clammy hands and feet, sweating than freezing, and runny nose and sneezing (not sure if these are related). I checked my blood pressure the other night while at a store and was feeling like I was gonna pass out and it was 154/90 pulse was 104. I don't have a doc but I am going to have to see one if this doesn't stop something is wrong, just looking for anyone with similar onset of symtoms....It was ALL Of SUDDEN I felt fine just thought I was going pee LOL then all this started. Thank You so much for taking the time to help!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: intense stomach pain,mucus,nasea etc please help!

Get yourself to a doctor quickly for an acurate diagnosis. If it's something serious like diverticulitis or a bowel twist then delaying is only going to give you further pain and a delayed recovery due to complications setting in. If it's something less problematic like salmonella or some other bacteria then you will know how to treat it. Guessing and delaying teatment is a shortsighted thing to do.

Last edited by kennyboy; 03-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

angel880 HB User

Thanks for the advice, I went today after being up all night in Pain. He is kinda stumped just said there isn't alot of movement in my Intestines (even though I have had loose BM for a few days Hmm) I am giving samples and doing a blood test tomorrow, otherwise he wants to see me in a week (I hope I can make it that long arrggg) Still wondering if anyone else had these symptoms? Thanks

Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
(female)

angel880 HB User

anyone who was wondering I got results from blood test it showed nothing except high hemoglobin which doc says is b/c I smoke occassionally. Stool samples all neg for blood and normal cbc. Today is day 12 and I have still been having extreme pain across belly button area and now a severe burning sensation in lower right abdomen. I have taken prilosec and tons of anacids too without relief due to feeling like also some acid. Still alot of pressure in my abdominal/rectal area. Thanks for reading and any suggestions helpful. Hot baths I have found help some but.....not much else...was up again all night with about three hours sleep. Partially because in my sleep I turn onto my belly and pain wakes me up/feeling like I have to go to bathroom but nothing. Doc says wait until tues and he will talk about doing more tests....sigh...hope tuesday comes soon.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangel192000 View Post
anyone who was wondering i got results from blood test it showed nothing except high hemoglobin which doc says is b/c i smoke occassionally. Stool samples all neg for blood and normal cbc. Today is day 12 and i have still been having extreme pain across belly button area and now a severe burning sensation in lower right abdomen. I have taken prilosec and tons of anacids too without relief due to feeling like also some acid. Still alot of pressure in my abdominal/rectal area. Thanks for reading and any suggestions helpful. Hot baths i have found help some but.....not much else...was up again all night with about three hours sleep. Partially because in my sleep i turn onto my belly and pain wakes me up/feeling like i have to go to bathroom but nothing. Doc says wait until tues and he will talk about doing more tests....sigh...hope tuesday comes soon.
were you on antibiotics for any reason recently? Have you recently had any surgery and a stay in the hospital? Do you have any blood when you have a bowel movement? Fever? Cold sweat? Are you throwing up? Did they do a colonoscopy on you after the stool samples? My husband had surgery for stenosis of the cervical spine. Twice. 3 months apart. Two days after coming home, out of no where, he started throwing up violently. I had to call 911 (i was afraid he would injure his recent surgery) he was so freakin sick. In the emergency room he started passing blood in his stool. (he had bad diarreah) then, it was all blood, and projectile vomiting. Long story short after almost a week. They found out he had c diff. Infectious disease. Either gotten from a bout with antibiotics or a stay in the hospital. Before they put him in isolation i had been cleaning him. Needless to say...i got it. My symptoms were much like yours. Just under my belly button all the way across it hurt and lots of pressure. I had the burning in different areas. I was extremely tired i never got the diarreah like he got. I had mild nausea. But, the worst was the constant pressure feeling ....it took a week before i could pass gas...or have a bowel movement without a laxitive. Our family doc put me on the same antibiotic my husband was on. On a couple will heal c diff. Read about c diff....it goes from no symptoms...to severe symptoms like my husband had. Many times the stool sample will show negative thats why they do the colonoscopy. My husbands stool was negative too. But, the colonoscopy was a whole different story. You could see the ulcers forming. He had had no prior symptoms that can be common...or, you can have the symptoms leading up to all hell breaking loose. We are both getting better but its been a long haul. You have to take pro biotics with anti biotics you have too. C diff can be a life long problem....read up why..and how to protect your intestines from reacurrence.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
(female)

angel880 HB User

Hi thanks for the tip I will look into that one (its about the only thing I haven't looked up). I had surgery on my back in September but no antibiotics, I have been getting epidural and cranial pain injections weekly though. No blood in stool (I have had some in past but not now), Nasea is awful but in the last two weeks I have not actually vomit ted (I have come very close but...) I have no appetite. Yesterday my stomach was just a little achy I finally though I had some relief but around midnight all of a sudden while playing games with friends it was like a knife was being stabbed into my mid section. I had pain (it felt like everywhere) but on right side just under ribs, middle belly button straight across, and lower abdominal my real low right side and pubic bone area. I felt like everything was in a giant muscle spasm. I took a 2hour hot bath and then some anti nausea meds. My heart was racing through the roof (but I could have just been scared?), I also urinated like crazy yesterday (but no burning, and it was a lot of urine about 15-20 times yesterday this was a new symptom. I thought maybe uti but no pain with it, good volume ...I'm stumped) I am going back to see my doc tomorrow but I am not very optomistic he will do anything. He and I really don't get along as he is a DO and believes everything can be healed with herbs etc...I believe there is some validity to that but.....Not when something is really wrong! Thanks to all for reading this thread and offering me hope and any advice would be appreciated. Today is day 15 in pain....don't know what to do other than sit here a suffer. On top of it all I haven't been taking any of my pain meds because I was afraid it may have something to do with all this so my neck and back are in horrible shape (3 herniated discs and radiculopathy). I am not a wimp when it comes to pain so I hope my doc takes this seriously! Thanks again ....any similar stories much appreciated!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
(female)

angel880 HB User

Ok for anyone who may be keeping up with this blog for their similar symptoms here is an update. stool and blood test all negative. went to doc for follow up today he found again my BP is very high as well as pulse, He stated that my Aortic Artery in my stomach is protruding and thumping like crazy. (he said normally he could only feel these in very very thin people I am a size 16 5ft9inches) unless it was protruding. He also did a urine test which came back positive for blood in the urine. I am still having pain and bowel mucus (gross right). I looked up on net when I got home and basically the only things I could find on aortic artery protruding was an aneurysm but said it was very rare in young people..I am only 27!. But if it was just the blood in the urine it may be kidney stones...so i will hope for that one. Doc ordered an urgent CT with contrast so hope to get that done tomorrow. Wish me luck and warm wishes to all -Jen

Closed Thread