It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
(male)

Cosmicbunny HB User
Distended Abdomen- Please Help

I ihave been suffering with a problem relating to severe abdominal distension for just under a year now,a nd am now at my wits end and am desperate for any advice.

I suffered from a stomach bug last summer and ever since my abdomen will get really distended for a week before returning to normal for a week and then doing the same all over again. I have no idea what could be causing it as I have a really healthy diet (high in fibre) drink plenty of water and keep pretty active (Im a 24 yr old male btw). I have been to the doctors a couple of times and have been told it is IBS, I am sceptical about this as this is the only symptom i suffer from!

I had an inkling that the bloating may be related to wheat (i used to eat all-bran cereal every day) so cut this out of my diet, did seem to improve things for a while but i ended up getting really bloated (and constipated!!) again, so started to eat it again. I have also tried taking a probiotic and enzymes but still no luck!!

Has anyone else suffered from anything similar? or does anyone have any suggestions? Im really desperate now as when my abdomen bloats out I find it really difficult to carry out my everyday life I am now far less active than I used to be and am starting to lose weight as it has become to uncomfortable to eat!!!!

Thanks

Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Distended Abdomen- Please Help

You could have developed a yeast build up that creates an expansion in your gut a bit like how yeast causes a loaf of bread to rise. You need to experiment with taking less sugar because yeast needs sugar to react. You could also take an inhibitor that would stop the yeast from activating like olive oil as yeast does not thrive in oil. Let us know how you get on, good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread