It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
(male)

goingcrazy8 HB User
Question Losing My Mind

This is my first post ever on a message board like this, because before January 9th of this year I considered myself a very healthy human being. The last two months of my life have been a health nightmare and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight into what could be causing these issues and / or tell me I'm just crazy. I'll lay everything out in a timeline, so you all can get an idea for how this all went down. I should note that I am a 28 year old male smoker who exercises frequently. I know they seem like an odd combination, but I can't seem to kick the habit. I had surgery last January('08) for a sports hernia and had epiditymitis about 6 months after the surgery, which I believe may have been a side effect of the surgery.

January 8th - Went to work as normal and came home after work. My wife was still working, so I decided to go out for a run. I ran 3 miles, came back took a shower and waited for my wife to get home. We sat up and had 3-4 glasses of wine each(I know this might be a little excessive) and went to bed.

January 9th - I wake up with a moderate headache, which I assume is from the wine. I am a moderate drinker now(maybe 2-3 nights a week) and used to be a heavy drinker in college. In any case, I get to work and my headache starts to turn into a lightheaded feeling. As I'm leaving lunch witha couple of colleagues, I have what I can only assume to be the first panic attack I've ever had. I end up at the ER, they do EKG, CT Scan and Chest X-Rays and everything looks fine. They chalk it up to Bronchitis and send me on my way with antibiotic 1 and prednisone.

January 10th - February 9th The constant lightheadedness / shakiness starts and lasts for the next 4 weeks. This accomponied by 3 more panic attacks, one of which lands me again in the ER. This time they do a full blood work up, check my thyroid and a thoracic and Brain MRI on the 9th.

February 10th - I go to my GP and he tells me that my Brain MRI is clear and it isn't anything to do with my lungs, heart or head. He does say I have a sinus infection and puts me on antibiotic #2. He sends me on my way and for about 2 days I start to feel better for the first time in a month.

February 13th - Present I wake up and feel extreme nausea. I shake it off, go to work and by lunch time the nausea is worse. I feel like I have to have a BM, but I don't or if I do it's very little. I feel like I have to throw up, but actually never do. The nausea continues on and off to this day a month later. My BM has changed colors and consistency almost everyday. I don't see any blood or anything, but honestly wouldn't know what to look for. I started taking a body detox formula about 4 days ago hoping this would fix my ailment, but it only seems to have made it worse. I'm also taking a probiotic. I really don't have any stomach pain, but the nausea and lightheadedness makes me feel like I could pass out, but again I don't. My doctor put me on Xanax(1MG) and is convinced it's Anxiety.

The Xanax helps some, but the nausea is still there. I do notice that when I start to get a panic attack, I get an intense burning sensation in my stomach and esophogus. I feel like crap all day and it consumes me almost 24/7. The only time I feel better is when I sleep. The triggers for the feeling like crap seem to be almost everything. I've convinced myself I have Cancer or some other horrific stomach disease. Has anyone else ever experienced this sort of thing and am I crazy or could this actually be something wrong?

Thanks for any help. Below is the complete symptoms list.

Stomach discomfort- Casuses Panic
Nausea Constantly - Causes Panic
Odd Head palpitation sensations
Can't stand the cold at all. Fingers and feet go numb
Light Headed - Has been less lately but comes and goes and sometimes feels like I am going to pass out.
Anxiety - Brought on by just about anything short of sitting on my couch at home and even then it occurs sometimes.
I'm sure I forgot some.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Losing My Mind

Lord where to start! You could have developed an allergy to some food. What is your drinking water like? Smoking can cause a lot of the symptoms you describe, try cutting it out, it might make a difference and no use saying 'I can't'. Necessity is the mother of invention as the saying goes and you sure seem to be in need of different course of action. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
(male)

goingcrazy8 HB User
Re: Losing My Mind

I used to drink soda constantly, but have switched to water since this happened. I drink atleast 4-6 cups a day. I quit smoking for 2 weeks after the first attack using Chantix, but thought the side effects of the Chantix weremaking the lighteadedness worse and quit taking it. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate any advice. I have another appointment with my GP next Tuesday for a full physical. As it is, I can barely function and seem to be living the past two months in a fog.

Closed Thread