It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

weathers HB User
Hemorrhoids - not sure what to do!

History: I'm female, 24 years old, perfectly healthy. Slightly overweight.

7 weeks ago I found a small hemorrhoid. I used over the counter cream for 4 days & it went away. I was constipated for 5 days so I understand why it happened.

2 weeks ago I found 3 very small hemorrhoids, 1 internal. I don't recall being constipated, so was confused as to why they arrived. I started using the same cream as before, though this time I found I was experiencing intense itching. That cream didn't work, so I tried a different over the counter cream. The itching got worse so I saw my Dr. Dr didn't examine the area, just asked the symptoms, and gave me a cream containing steroids.

Itching didn't go away, I tried other creams. I started to have an open sore from the itching/creams in the cleft of my buttock. Ended up with a visit to the hospital Dr on Saturday night. I have antibiotics for the itching (as I may have an infection from scratching) and Fybrogel to keep constant bowel movements to ensure no more hemorrhoids come.

Up to this morning all hemorrhoids had gone, itching has gone. Thought I was on the mend. At around 4pm I started to get a shooting pain in my anus and lower back up my spine to around halfway. Within half an hour it hurt to sit down. I checked my anus and found some large purple hemorrhoids, larger than I've ever had.

I'm confused as to why they've occured since I've had daily soft bowel movements thanks to the Fybrogel. It's quite painful so I called my out of hours Dr. A nurse called me back & recommend I see the Dr in the morning. Thing is I'm not sure what a Dr will suggest! I've tried creams etc. There is no clear reason why these are occuring. I'm in pain, probably enough to keep me awake all night. I've taken pain killers.

I'm not sure if I should insist an appointment at the hospital? I read online that hemorrhoids for more than 2 weeks can be serious.

Help?

Last edited by moderator2; 03-26-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

suzyljank HB User
Re: Hemorrhoids - not sure what to do!

Hi, I would see the doctor, you may also have a fissure. If you do the little things you feel could be skin tags. They usually accompany a fissure. Constipation is a no no. Increase your fiber and fluid intake and if you need more help try benefiber or miralax. I use both daily. I initially resisted all of that but wound up with an anal fissure that needed surgery. If I had to do it all over again I would have listened to my doctor and taken the miralax right away. I'll probably be using it the rest of my life but if it keeps my stool easy to pain and it keeps the pain away then it's okay with me. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon. Suzy

Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
(female)

weathers HB User
Re: Hemorrhoids - not sure what to do!

I saw my Dr yesterday who assured me there was no Hemorrhoids!!! That there was 'a little swelling'. He gave me more cream, which again has made me itch so I have to stop using it.

I don't see how this is ever going to heal when no-one will take me seriously!

The fact that the above occurred for NO reason. I've had normal bowel movements for a week thanks to using Fybrogel. Then for this to happen? It makes no sense.

Closed Thread