It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
(male)

65stang HB User
If there is no pain, bleeding or itching can it be an external hemorrhoid?

Hi all. I am new here but I hope to figure out what is going on with my buttom. About 3 or 4 months ago I was showering and felt a small, hard lump at about the entrance of my anus. The wife said it sounds like hemroids and she and her father have them and seem to know something about them. However, I have no blood, no pain and no itching which seems to be the symptoms of hemroids. I have become concerned recently as about 4 days ago I had extreme pain on my right side to the point that I gave in and went to the ER only to find out that I had a kidney stone (which I passed while sitting there for 4 hours waiting for a Dr to see me). They did a cat scan anyways and said there were no more stones, intenstines looked good and appendix was fine. After not getting home til 5:15am I opted not to bath when I got up later at 8am. When I finally did bath the next day I was showering and felt the bump on my anus and it had grown (feels like a semi soft pea now... was more like a small hard ball bearing before)! I do know that I was straining when I had the kidney stone because I thought it was gas and I felt bloated so I was trying to get the gas out. The wife swears I just have a external hemroid. But again, no pain, no blood and no itching. Does this sound like a hemroid? Thanks all!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

Maza HB User
Re: If there is no pain, bleeding or itching can it be an external hemorrhoid?

Hi
Yes it could be an external hemorroid, not all hems bleed, itch and hurt.
I have had my external ones for about 12 years now and they have never bothered me.
I did have internal ones that bled seriously but got them treated.
As long as you keep your stools soft so as not to irritate it, or cause more the hemorroid should not bother you.
A quick check by a Doctor should put your mind at ease.
bye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
(female)

suzyljank HB User
Re: If there is no pain, bleeding or itching can it be an external hemorrhoid?

It could be a hemorrhoid, they don't always hurt or bleed, it could also be a skin tag. A lot of people get them, from hemmies or fissures or childbirth. What did the doctor think it was?

Closed Thread