It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
(male)

j123456 HB User
bleeding during bowel movement

This has been going on for a few years now but I never really thought much about it. I know I should go see a doctor to make sure that it's nothing serious but I figured I ask for some advice here so I can get an idea of what it is. From time to time, no more than a few days an episode, I get blood dripping after while going #2 in the toilet. It is bright red blood so its fresh but its painless. There is a flesh clot that comes out after the bleeding. This only happens maybe 2 or so days at a time and goes away and comes back again unexpectedly for another episode. I do sit on the toilet for a while when I poop and somewhat pushes hard to release bowel. I'm starting to worry after researching online on what it could be. Searches ranges from hemmorhoids, bleeding ulcer etc. Please help and any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

Maza HB User
Re: bleeding during bowel movement

Sounds like the exact symptoms I had and I was diagnosed with internal hemmoroids. I had dripping and blood clots and it was painless, I suffered this on and off for years.

Sitting on the toilet too long and straining can irritate the internal hemms making them bleed quite badly.

A simple checkup at the docs will put your mind at rest and there are various cures for them.
Diet change and not sitting and straining on the toilet long are self cures.

I had them banded at the doctors office and have not bled since.

I unfortunately sit on the toilet too long and I am addicted to reading on the toilet, I panic when I can't find something to read when I need a poo

If you have any more questions just let us know ...take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
(male)

j123456 HB User

thanks for your input. im going to try to get checked up as soon as i get my insurance. makes me feel much better knowing that its not something serious. of course im still going to get it checked out. i do need to change my diet and not sit at the toilet too long =P what should i eat more to help prevent it from bleeding?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
(female)

Maza HB User

Drinking plenty of water and adding additional fiber to your diet.

The main thing is keeping the stools soft so that you don't have to strain or irrate the hemms.

If you look through some past posts in this section, there are posters who have given good advice about adding certain oils and supplements that will help things go through smoothly.

bye

Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
(male)

j123456 HB User

bump. i guess this only happens when i have a hard workout or working on cars. something that requires tightening and tensing my anal muscles. is this just an internal hemmoroids? if so, should i stop working out? or lifting anything heavy or stress?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
(female)

Maza HB User

Hi J123456
I am not sure if working out or lifting anything heavy can cause you to bleed.
I was told when I got my hemms checked, that only Internal hemms bleed eg. clots, dripping, not External ones.
I did have both External and Internal hemms and when I got the Internal ones removed the bleeding stopped.
I still have external but they are no bother to me.
Maybe someone else can advise on your query...
Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by j123456 View Post
bump. i guess this only happens when i have a hard workout or working on cars. something that requires tightening and tensing my anal muscles. is this just an internal hemmoroids? if so, should i stop working out? or lifting anything heavy or stress?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have the same thing happen to me too and I have been wondering if I should do a colonoscopy. Every few months I will get a bout of constipation and diarrhea...part of having IBS ya get both. When this happens it like I get a hemm or an anal fissure. Something breaks open just inside the opening. I get bright red blood on the toilet paper and drops into the toilet...I do see a clot right away as I finish wiping. (yuck) I get scared because I wonder if it's anal cancer or something. It always clears up then months later...I get it again. I do sit long periods of time on the toilet reading. (not good I suspect) Sometimes I do the sitz bath. It makes it hard to function until it heals up. It can be so sore and I have to sit at an angle on one side of my toosh.

Has anyone else had this happen?? And if so did you have something seriously wrong or was it most likely a hemm?

Thanks for replies in advance.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

j123456, it is more likely diet than the exercise. It could be that the strain and stress make it more noticeable, not that it is making it happen in the first place.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
(male)

j123456 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg View Post
j123456, it is more likely diet than the exercise. It could be that the strain and stress make it more noticeable, not that it is making it happen in the first place.
do you have any suggestions on what to add to my diet. i know lots of water is a plus which i am doing. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Closed Thread