It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

Mol55 HB User
what does a pain behind the belly button that get worse when I urinate mean?

what does a pain behind the belly button that get worse when I urinate mean?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: what does a pain behind the belly button that get worse when I urinate mean?

Likely your bladder is causing that pain when you pee if it's hurting when you urinate. Do you have a history of urinary tract infections, stones, or bladder inflammation? Or difficulty urinating, strong urges to void, burning, or frequency?

My 1st guess would be a UTI if it hurts when you pee. And sometimes an infection doesn't present itself as far as burning, until days after the pain starts.

How long have you had this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: what does a pain behind the belly button that get worse when I urinate mean?

Have you noticed any tenderness in that area when touched? Or any type of lump or bump either behind or directly above the belly button? If so, it could possibly be an umbilical hernia. They are actually quite common and many people have them from birth and never know it until something causes them to "surface".

I don't know if there's really a specific known cause for them, and most often the doc just takes the wait and watch approach. The symptoms often come and go and many never get any larger or any worse. Many women have them pop up after pregnancy, because the baby pushes them forward. My hubs has one and his was most likely because he had gained and then lost a lot of weight (especially in the belly) and the same thing happened. His will hurt a bit every once in a while. Then it goes away and so on.....

It could be a UTI, as neveragain said, too. Either way, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make an appt. with your doc. Best of luck and keep us posted, OK?

Closed Thread