It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

fibropain48 HB User
Constipation w/groin pain?

I want to know if anyone else with chronic constipation ever have problems like I am having?
I've been suffering with chronic constipation now for years on and off. the gastro dr. told me I have IBS and I notice that when I eat particular fiber foods, it activates it.
Now all of a sudden which started about 2 months ago, I get this horrible, deep pain in my right groin that radiates to the outer thigh, out to the buttock area and down the leg like a sciatica nerve is being pressed.
I went to my rheumatolgoist doctor who said it felt swollen in the groin but also gave me a shot in the outter thigh of the hip because I'm also having hip pain. I have the beginning of arthritis in the left hip and through out my spine and fingers and elbows, etc.
the arthritis will start out of no where and swell up my joints, then go away and start again in a different part of my body. this doesn't happen all the time.
but after she gave me the shot in my hip thinking it was bursitis,
the pain went away for one week in the hip but then the groin pain started and lasted for almost 3 weeks.
that's when I called her up and told i can NOT tolerate the pain. I almost went to the ER room thinking maybe i had another stone passing in the kidney becuase i've had this type of pain before when a stone passed but we never saw a stone. but the right kidney was swollen and so was the tube that leads from the kidney to the bladder. it's calleld hydronephrosis and hydrorouter, something like that. I'm not good with spelling.
another doctor of mine told me that very hard stools that are compacted can ALSO cause hydrnephrosis if it's blocking the tube.
I have a feeling this is what really happend that day in the ER room when they said they thought it was a possible stone I had passed, but really it was the stone like stool that I was having.
so now i"m beginning to think maybe the groin pain is caused by blockage from the very hard stool inside.
I finally used a cleansing agent to get rid of the constipation and guess what? I no longer am having pain in my groin like i was having every day.
it's a miracle.
I never ever knew that by having constipation that you can other related problems with other parts of our body. it can really effect all our other organs and cause sciatica and swollen lymph nodes inside.

I'm just wondering if I should use the script my dr. mailed me to have an MRI performed on my right hip and groin area? because I"m no longer suffering this pain there.
but then again, I'd like to know if something is growing in there that I can't palpate from the outside?
I would appreciate anyone else's opinion on this and i"m especially interested to see if my theory on this is correct?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
(female)

jlb1191 HB User
Re: Constipation w/groin pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibropain48 View Post
I want to know if anyone else with chronic constipation ever have problems like I am having?
I've been suffering with chronic constipation now for years on and off. the gastro dr. told me I have IBS and I notice that when I eat particular fiber foods, it activates it.
Now all of a sudden which started about 2 months ago, I get this horrible, deep pain in my right groin that radiates to the outer thigh, out to the buttock area and down the leg like a sciatica nerve is being pressed.
I went to my rheumatolgoist doctor who said it felt swollen in the groin but also gave me a shot in the outter thigh of the hip because I'm also having hip pain. I have the beginning of arthritis in the left hip and through out my spine and fingers and elbows, etc.
the arthritis will start out of no where and swell up my joints, then go away and start again in a different part of my body. this doesn't happen all the time.
but after she gave me the shot in my hip thinking it was bursitis,
the pain went away for one week in the hip but then the groin pain started and lasted for almost 3 weeks.
that's when I called her up and told i can NOT tolerate the pain. I almost went to the ER room thinking maybe i had another stone passing in the kidney becuase i've had this type of pain before when a stone passed but we never saw a stone. but the right kidney was swollen and so was the tube that leads from the kidney to the bladder. it's calleld hydronephrosis and hydrorouter, something like that. I'm not good with spelling.
another doctor of mine told me that very hard stools that are compacted can ALSO cause hydrnephrosis if it's blocking the tube.
I have a feeling this is what really happend that day in the ER room when they said they thought it was a possible stone I had passed, but really it was the stone like stool that I was having.
so now i"m beginning to think maybe the groin pain is caused by blockage from the very hard stool inside.
I finally used a cleansing agent to get rid of the constipation and guess what? I no longer am having pain in my groin like i was having every day.
it's a miracle.
I never ever knew that by having constipation that you can other related problems with other parts of our body. it can really effect all our other organs and cause sciatica and swollen lymph nodes inside.

I'm just wondering if I should use the script my dr. mailed me to have an MRI performed on my right hip and groin area? because I"m no longer suffering this pain there.
but then again, I'd like to know if something is growing in there that I can't palpate from the outside?
I would appreciate anyone else's opinion on this and i"m especially interested to see if my theory on this is correct?

Thank you.
I do not have any experience with something like what you have but I am a surgical tech student and let me just say that I have seen things that you wouldn't believe. If you can have the mri done I would do it. It causes no pain and you just may find out something you need to know.. If it shows nothing you are no worse off. I am not surprised at all that your stool could cause that kind of pain. As for doctors theories, try and remember they are theories. Doctors are human just like us, they study and learn and then they spend their time trying to guess what we have. Let's face it, that is really what they do. They use their knowledge to figure out what is wrong with us. That doesn't mean they know everything or anything. no offense. They take our signs and symptoms and try and put it all together and get an answer. We are the best judge of us and if you ever have a feeling or you think something---go with it--you might just be right! Good luck!!

Closed Thread