It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

tonster71 HB User
Blood in Mucus please help

Hi everyone. I am getting myself into a right worried state. Earlier today I had a soft (but not loose) bowel movement which was followed by a lot of mucus that looked like it had streaks of brownish blood in there. I cant get to see my doctor until tuesday and my brain is freaking out thinking it must be the worst case scenario! I am 37 years old and have had mucus with stools sometimes but not regularly. Additionally I have had occasional bouts of abdominal cramps but again not regular or anything. Any ideas? Or have any of you had similar to this?

A million thankyous

Old 06-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
(male)

DrFishNips HB User
Re: Blood in Mucus please help

Anal mucus? Was it painful taking the crap? I'm no doctor but I wouldn't worry about it. Just sounds like a strange form of diarrhea. I've been crapping out bile all day and if I take a sip of alcohol I get a severe stomach cramp and I'm only 23. I'm not worried about it though. I doubt I'll die from it whatever it is.

Last edited by DrFishNips; 06-27-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I have always heard that mucus in the stool is no big deal. As for the streaks that MIGHT be blood . . . you did the right thing going to the doctor . . . because it could be various things and it will take an exam to figure out exactly what. Most of the time it is something simple. We just worry like heck until we know for sure. Attempt to keep your mind on other things (I know, believe me, I know that's not easy).

Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
(female)

tonster71 HB User

Hi guys thankyou for the responces, I am a terrible worrier when something unusual happens. To add a bit more no it didnt hurt and doesnt hurt although I havent been again since and feel sick (think thats just the worry tho). When I phoned the Doc on call they said what I described was unusual so am doubly glad I have booked in to see my Doc, just wish I didnt have to wait till tuesday evening. Auntjudyg thankyou for straight forward advice, I know its normal for our minds to go from fine to OMG thats it the worst scenario and am trying my best to keep a level rational head on too )

Old 06-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
(female)

tonster71 HB User

OH and it was a large lot of mucus that followed the stool rather than with the stool. I still havent been since probably cos I am anxious about it. The mucus looked like it had some brownish red streaks in it not bright red. Argh I hate the fear and worrying its driving me crazy!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
(female)

Nelee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonster71 View Post
OH and it was a large lot of mucus that followed the stool rather than with the stool. I still havent been since probably cos I am anxious about it. The mucus looked like it had some brownish red streaks in it not bright red. Argh I hate the fear and worrying its driving me crazy!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
(female)

Nelee HB User

Quote:
Hi guys thankyou for the responces, I am a terrible worrier when something unusual happens. To add a bit more no it didnt hurt and doesnt hurt although I havent been again since and feel sick (think thats just the worry tho). When I phoned the Doc on call they said what I described was unusual so am doubly glad I have booked in to see my Doc, just wish I didnt have to wait till tuesday evening. Auntjudyg thankyou for straight forward advice, I know its normal for our minds to go from fine to OMG thats it the worst scenario and am trying my best to keep a level rational head on too )
I have to go to the gastroenterologist pretty soon. I'm worried. I'm embarassed. OMG. I don't want to do this. Just talking about our most
private things is extremely difficult. However, it is better than dieing.OK OK,
I am NOT saying it sounds like YOU are dieing. However, I might. This
problem of pain could be cancer. It could be anything.
I wake up in extreme pain about 4:30 AM. The pain is in my colon and
rectum. Gotta have it taken care of.
Well, I'm glad you're going to the doc. PLEASE let us know what's going on with you. OK?
Nelee

Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
(female)

tonster71 HB User

Awww Nelee you poor thing that sounds horrible! Good that you are going to the Doctor, you are so right that its better to go as soon as possible. Usually these things turn out to be straightforward but it is better to be safer than sorry. Docs booked Tuesday PM UK time and am taking my hubby with me for extra support. Bless him. Will keep you updated and you also on how you get on.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
(female)

tonster71 HB User

Updates

Just got back and my GP is convinced its Collitus and has booked me in for the old colonoscopy so hopefully thats not too far away. NEEDLESS to say am feeling alot less stressed and worried. The colonoscopy will confirm the diagnosis or at least bring out other things, I am hoping it will rule them out but either way, once I know for sure it will start being treated and that is the main thing.

Thankyou all for being here, big hugs XxX

Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
(female)

Nelee HB User

Quote:
Awww Nelee you poor thing that sounds horrible! Good that you are going to the Doctor, you are so right that its better to go as soon as possible. Usually these things turn out to be straightforward but it is better to be safer than sorry. Docs booked Tuesday PM UK time and am taking my hubby with me for extra support. Bless him. Will keep you updated and you also on how you get on.
It's a miracle that we can give support from long, long distances. "It's a small world after all."
Nelee

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
(female)

tonster71 HB User

IT IS and it sure helps so much. Any news for you yet Nelee? Try not to be embaressed, the docs specially the experts in these areas see things like this all day every day. AND yes, it is always difficult but the alternatives are worse and when you tap into places like this you realise you arent alone. One of my friends said to me yesterday "the human boday likes to be gross sometimes and do gooey things, I think mostly for its own amusement. However it is usually fixed by something simple, or a hammer" MADE ME GRIN XX

Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
(female)

noodles3 HB User

tonster- did you get your colonoscopy yet? I am due for one very soon.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
(female)

tonster71 HB User

Hellooooo, no havent received the date yet but hopefully its not too far away. I havent had any more mucus or blood since and things seem normal so thats good news but i wont be really happy till I have had the coloscopy n they know for sure XD When is yours booked for? Good luck with it tooooo.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
(female)

noodles3 HB User

Tonster- I am getting it next week I believe and I can't wait. I need to know what's wrong with me. I had a diverticulitis attack a few weeks ago and haven't been well since. I am getting worried.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
(female)

tonster71 HB User

Ah I am still waiting to hear my date but at least yours into too far away now. I am sure once you have had it then you will have piece of mind, not knowing definately is always a horrible feeling. Let us know how you get on!

Closed Thread