It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

alangreener HB User
Just not right!

Over the past 8 weeks (approximately) I have been dealing with what many would call 'Bad Thoughts'

It all started about 8 weeks ago, when I found a movable lump on my left side on top of my ribs however under my skin. I immediately thought I had cancer of some sort and from that day, I have worried ever since.

I actually found the lump on a saturday, however I was feeling slightly unwell that day anyway. I found that once I found the lump, I started to feel alot worse and didn't tell my parents until the next night at around about 9pm.

They were very supportive, and tried to re-assure me that it was just a cyst. I then had an appoitment booked for the doctors the following day to have it checked, and sure enough the doctor (Dr.Ng. - Pronounced Ning) told me that it was nothing to worry about and was only a sebacious cyst.

So, I felt better, however a few days later, on the Thursday night I then started to fell what I would describe as small lumps about half the size of a pea around my abdomen area, about 4-5 of them which caused alot of pain when touched. So, when I awoke the next morning I told my mother and I had an emergency appointment booked at the doctors, and made it in for 3pm the same afternoon.

I was checked over, and blood tests were taken for full blood count and other tests which would indicate any problems in my gut. I waited about 5 days for the results to come back, which were a terrible worry filled 5 days to say the least and when I recieved the results, I found that everything was fine, no abnormalities.

So for about a week, I began to get back into my routine however one morning I woke up and needed the toilet, no rush or any pain just a normal toilet visit. However, I really couldn't seem to have my movement, and strained until i finally passed what ever lay in my gut. But in the process, I managed to give my self an external heammoroid which was a small soft lump on the edge of my A hole. When wiping, I noticed blood on the paper, however it was fresh and there was none in the stool.

I mentioned it to my mother and told her that I was still having slight stomach cramping and so she booked me in to the doctors once more. I told her exactly what was wrong with me, and she felt my stomch in the areas where I was having the cramping pains and she said she couldnt feel any lumps or bumps or anything abnormal and that I may be thinking too much about bad illnesses such as cancer ect. She gave me some tablets called Mebeverine which were for my cramps, and made me fell better about my self. She said that it is most probably IBS becuase of the symptoms, and I wasn't really showing any thing terrible.

So, a few weeks passed and my parents booked a holiday for 5 days. Myself and my brother decided that we wanted to stay at home and so they left on the Monday evening and we ruled the house fine for 2 days until Wednesday night. It was about 11pm and I have this sudden urgency to rush to the toilet, I had bad diahrea and then noticed a small red blotch of what looked like blood on part of my stool. I immediately began to panic, and seeing as there was only my self and my younger brother in the house, I didn't know what to do. So I cleaned my self up and was just about to go back to bed when he shouted me into his room to see what I was doing, and I just burst into tears with worry.

We phoned my parents, and they came home the following morning and I had an appointment for the doctors at 10:45 pm. I'd only had a few hours sleep becuase of my worry. Once I finally got back to the doctors, I told her what had been going on, and every problem I was having. She felt my stomach thoroughly and then advised me to buy a book called 'Stop worrying about your health'.

She is a very good sympathetic doctor, and also said that if ever I wanted to visit her, or was just worried about something then I could drop in anytime. It made me feel alot better, and this was 2 weeks ago.

I have been feeling alot better since, however I do still worry about it. I dont really want to go back to the doctors because I feel like I'm making a fool out of my self and I've told my mother that I feel fine now, which I'm not. I dont want to worry anyone else, but I really do not know what to do.

MY symptoms which I currently have, are stomach cramps and different stool formations. My stool looks different to what it used to before I began all this all those weeks ago, and I recently found another smudge of blood on some toilet paper just yesterday. There was none in the bowl or on my stool as far as I could see and when I held the paper to my bum it did seem to just be a small cut from a hard stool. It has been fine since.

I do have what I would call 'abnormal' lumps on the sides on my abdomen on my trunk, which often give me slight/mild irritation. The doctor has felt them, and said that they are'nt lumps, it's just parts of my insides which I have aggrivated when constantly feeling for lumps and I've made them feel more raised and agrivated.

Could you offer me any advice what so ever about what I should do, as I really do feel as if I should be worrying about my self. Half of my brain says i'm fine, the other half says I'm not. I really do not know what to do. My parents are very sympathetic and listen to everything I say. They try to re-assure me as much as possible that I'm ok and I adore them for it.

I'm a 17 year old white male with blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm not considered over weight and I'm about 6'3 in height. My weight is approx. 13 and 1/2 stone. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread