It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

Psada71 HB User
Anal fungus and hemmorhoids

Geez, I have a stupid fungal infection accompanying my hemmorhoids and I was given Lotriderm cream for the infection. It feels like the fungus has spread into the vaginal area..can I apply lotriderm to the vaginal area? Not IN, but around??

Old 07-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: Anal fungus and hemmorhoids

Psada,

The pharmaceutical literature on Lotriderm states that it's FOR TOPICAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR OPHTHALMIC, ORAL, OR INTRAVAGINAL USE.

Now of course intravaginal means inside the vagina. Even if you are not using it directly inside, it does beg the question you ask- which I presume is "what if a small amount gets in just by using it around the area?"

I wish I had a real answer for you, sorry. I would definitely call my doctor's office tomorrow- or if he/she cant be reached, a pharmacist might be able to help you on this.
Since the anus and vaginal opening are so close together, I can't imagine anyone using it being able to avoid some getting at least near the vaginal opening, even by accident, so my guess is it wouldn't hurt you. They just don't want you deliberately applying it into the vagina. BUT I'M NOT A DOCTOR and I really think it would be wise to double check.

zuzu

Last edited by zuzu8; 07-17-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread