It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

Qwertybird HB User
Blood dripping out of anus without bowel movement, excruciating stomach/abdomen pain

I am 25 years old, 40lb overweight, blood pressure has gone from a normal healthy 90/60 when I was healthy weight to 144/70. I have some emotional issues and I am working a job that not only stresses me in ways I never knew I could experience (teaching school) but I am balancing a lot of other emotional stresses while trying to figure out what I want in life.

I have incredible pains sometimes reminiscent of a duodenal ulcer (area 2 inches directly above my navel). I have erupting pains, but they have spread into my intestines. I very frequently expel diarrhea throughout the day.

To make matters worse, I have started accidentally soiling myself with what sometimes drips out. When I eat, drink a hot cup of coffee, etc, I double over with pain in my intestines like someone is sticking a knife into them and twisting. After some gas and expelling urgent liquid diarrhea with a hideous sulfur smell, I get relief...until the next thing I ingest.

The past few days, out of nowhere, my rectum is bleeding -- it drips into the toilet, bright fresh red blood...without even having a bowel movement or attempting to. I can literally sit there with toilet tissue after toilet tissue, and it will become covered in bright red blood.

What the heck is going on?!?! I am in pain and the blood/feces leaking out of me is scaring me.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Blood dripping out of anus without bowel movement, excruciating stomach/abdomen p

Hi,

You need to see a doctor right away. Do not wait, this could be serious. Not to scare you, but you could have some major problems going on, and need to go to the ER.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

Qwertybird HB User
Re: Blood dripping out of anus without bowel movement, excruciating stomach/abdomen p

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Hi,

You need to see a doctor right away. Do not wait, this could be serious. Not to scare you, but you could have some major problems going on, and need to go to the ER.
I actually found my former post when I was researching this yet again. I never made it to the ER because the bleeding stopped, but it has returned 3 more times and I finally called doctors in town two days ago and no one would go near me, not even urgent care. They all said "Go to the ER" so I did. They did X-Rays and bloodwork. My white blood cell count is very high and I was examined by a gastroenterologist. I've been putting "X's" on my stomach where the pain is and "O's" where I feel lumps of tissue. The gastroenterologist and ER doc are both thinking Crohns/UC but are sending me to get a colonoscopy next month.

Could it possibly be cancer?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

If I were a betting person, I would bet it is not cancer. (The bleeding is consistent, yes; but the pain and the fact that this all flared up seemingly from stress, not necessarily.) But the colonoscopy will answer that for certain.

Meantime, pay attention to your temperature. If it gets above 100, get in touch with you doctor quickly.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
(female)

pinkspades HB User

i see it has been a couple years since your post i hope this reaches you. i came across your story while researching my own very similar to yours. i was in tears reading it due to the fact that almost every thing is the same! the way you describe your pains is to a t of what i have. trying to explain this to people is hard cause they all look at me like im crazy and dramatic! i dont have insurance so like you said no one wants to touch me! i went to the er and with out doing any thing other than a urine sample that came out fine they told me i had a ulcer and put me on nexium. i took it for a week then stoped cause i dont belive thats the prob plus it was making my hair fall out. did you ever find out what was wrong? if so please contact me i would realy love any addvice or info you have to help me. thank you < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-30-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Please do not post, or request contact information, such as email address, phone or name.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I'm surprised your Dr did not refer you for a Colonoscopy/Endoscopy if you are having the same symptoms as the previous writer. Are you passing blood still. Its quite possible you had an Ulcer, I had one and the blood came up through my mouth.PPIs, in your case (NEXIUM) is the correct treatment for that. The scopes would show what has caused your problem in the first place. Nexium needs to be taken for at least four weeks.
I have never heard of Hair Loss with PPIs, you should see your Dr again if there's no improvement. Good Luck, Solofelix.

Closed Thread