It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

Kristicat21 HB User
Thrombosed hemorrhoid removed on Wed - please help!

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I developed a thrombosed hemorrhoid on Tuesday, went to the proctologist Wednesday and he said it had to be removed. That was AWFUL! This whole experience has made my C-Section and recovery with my first child feel like a walk in the park!

The pain has gotten much much better over the last day or so - except for 1 thing. A bowel movement is unbearable. I can't even get through it (and I have a fairly high pain threshold!!). The burning/stinging is so intense, it sends me to the floor crying. I had a BM on Friday - and that really wasn't too bad!! Needless to say I'm completely caught off guard that further attempts at a BM have been this horrible!!

I've tried twice today - and I definitely have to go to the bathroom. Each time I've produced a nickle-sized amount of poop before I couldn't do it anymore. Its almost like I'm having a spasm or something...the poop starts to come out ok, but then things close up and that pain is SO intense!!! After the first BM attempt (I did get some poop out - can it even be called a BM??) I soaked in the tub for a bit. When I got out of the tub, I noticed that 2 of the knots from my absorbable stitches were floating in the water. Is it too early for the absorbable stitches to be coming out?!?! Now I'm even more nervous to have a BM because I don't want to do any damage to the wound.

If anyone has any advice or anything, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm so depressed about this and sort of wish I had just dealt with the offending hemorrhoid and the pain. At least then I was able to have a BM. I'm also concerned about recovery from this because I'm due August 31, but realistically...I could go into labor any day now!!!! The last thing I want to be dealing with is healing from this procedure AND a C-Section AND taking care of a newborn!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kristicat21 For This Useful Post:
usman29 (06-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
(female)

jlb1191 HB User
Re: Thrombosed hemorrhoid removed on Wed - please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristicat21 View Post
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I developed a thrombosed hemorrhoid on Tuesday, went to the proctologist Wednesday and he said it had to be removed. That was AWFUL! This whole experience has made my C-Section and recovery with my first child feel like a walk in the park!

The pain has gotten much much better over the last day or so - except for 1 thing. A bowel movement is unbearable. I can't even get through it (and I have a fairly high pain threshold!!). The burning/stinging is so intense, it sends me to the floor crying. I had a BM on Friday - and that really wasn't too bad!! Needless to say I'm completely caught off guard that further attempts at a BM have been this horrible!!

I've tried twice today - and I definitely have to go to the bathroom. Each time I've produced a nickle-sized amount of poop before I couldn't do it anymore. Its almost like I'm having a spasm or something...the poop starts to come out ok, but then things close up and that pain is SO intense!!! After the first BM attempt (I did get some poop out - can it even be called a BM??) I soaked in the tub for a bit. When I got out of the tub, I noticed that 2 of the knots from my absorbable stitches were floating in the water. Is it too early for the absorbable stitches to be coming out?!?! Now I'm even more nervous to have a BM because I don't want to do any damage to the wound.

If anyone has any advice or anything, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm so depressed about this and sort of wish I had just dealt with the offending hemorrhoid and the pain. At least then I was able to have a BM. I'm also concerned about recovery from this because I'm due August 31, but realistically...I could go into labor any day now!!!! The last thing I want to be dealing with is healing from this procedure AND a C-Section AND taking care of a newborn!!!!
Hello, mom of 4 and recent problem with the hemm's so I feel ya!!! Try getting into the tub for the bowel movement--sounds gross but may work or poop into a sitz bath with warm water in it. All the things you are describing are normal and yes it sucks!!! Would do childbirth all over again before anyone touches my bum. Don't be sorry that you got it done though, I wanted to die a few months ago and now I can say I'm glad it's over, glad I did it, but would not do it again. It was a good thing for them to remove it--I had the same problem with my last child who is now 7, yes I said 7 and they never removed it--had problems for 7 years and now had to go through so many other problems---be thankful they did it now!!! One of your problems is the pressure from the baby which of course will not go away until baby comes out--keep your feet up as much as possible and hope for labor--if you have the baby--most of your problems will go away and you will heal up faster and easier. The water thing may help and you can also try a cream--help lubricate thing. Call your doc--they have one out there that has lidocaine in it to numb things up a little--doesn't take the pain away but takes the edge off. Good luck and keep looking forward to enjoying the little one soon!!!

Closed Thread