It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

iTAPout HB User
Hemorrhoid Banding on Friday (8/7) I will update throughout recovery.

I'm having 2 "rather large" (as the doctor has put it) hemorrhoids banded. I'm very nervous, and anticipating a week of hell for recovery. I'm 27 years old, but have been dealing with bleeding hemorrhoids for the past 9 years and they have progressed to the point where they prolapse with every BM.

I'm sick of it, and now am just going to suck it up and have it taken care of (hopefully for good)!

I will update this thread on Friday (If I'm capable) and in the days following.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #2
(female)

jlb1191 HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid Banding on Friday (8/7) I will update throughout recovery.

good luck and keep us posted. This board has alot of good information if you don't mind reading a little. start shopping now for some high fiber foods and make sure you have a sitz bath at home--that really helps--or be prepared to get into the tub all day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
(male)

iTAPout HB User

Today is the day of the procedure! The doctor said not to do anything special for prep besides avoiding aspirins. I would like to go to the bathroom prior to b/c I don't want to feel the urge once he gets started. I'm going to use an enema to make sure I'm cleaned out...I'll just feel more comfortable that way.

I'm about a 5 or 6 out of 10 as far as being nervous. I'll post tonight to share how it went and how I'm feeling.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
(male)

iTAPout HB User

So the procedure was scheduled for yesterday, but I wasn't able to do it. Last time I went in the doc noticed a fissure and gave me nifedepine (sp?) cream in effort to heal it. Apparently, it wasn't healed enough so he decided that the fissure must be healed first before dealing with the hemorrhoids.

So now on Tuesday we're doing the Lateral Sphincterotomy procedure. He said this should make going number 2 easier, which may help the hemorrhoids, although it won't eliminate them altogether. He considered doing the banding at the same time, but wants to hold off until I'm healed from the LIS procedure.

I will now update after the procedure on Tuesday. I'm not nervous about it b/c I'll be sedated and from what I've read the recovery isn't that painful. Wish me good luck!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
(male)

iTAPout HB User

So today I had the LIS procedure done. I had it done early this morning and have tried to stay off of my feet as much as possible although I have moved around the house. Haven't had too much pain, but when I checked the gauze that was tucked between my cheeks I was a little shocked at how much blood was on it - it was soaked! In the surgery room it was a little embarrassing - having to lay stomach down with your rear end elevated in the air with a pillow. The strangest part was when I came too I had on these little gauze-material tighty-whiteys - that I did not put on! I think it's safe to say somebody handled my "stuff", but heck if I knew anything about it while I was sedated!

The doc told me to continue w/ the Nifedepine while it heals and to do the sitz baths starting tomorrow to promote healing. I felt a little lump down there when applying the cream and it looks like an external hemorrhoid! I've never had one of those! I'm hoping the sitz baths will help that go away in the next few days.

Also - I have not had a BM yet, and I am worried about it being painful. I'm sure I'll have to go early tomorrow morning so we'll see.

Last edited by iTAPout; 08-11-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: PS

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
(male)

iTAPout HB User

So tonight is the end of day 2 recovery. I had a little trouble going #2 earlier, but had a pain free BM! I was ready for pain & blood, but so far so good. I only had 1 vicadin since I felt a bit stopped up.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
(female)

Princess05247 HB User

Tapout..thanks for giving your banding experience. I also had banding done, it was last friday. I also have 2 large hemmorhoids and have had them for years. I finally got the guts to go to a doc to get them treated. The doc only banded the area above where the larger ones are. They had blood clots on them so she's going to band them one at a time. I'm so nervous on how it's going to feel when she does the bad ones. I only felt some pressure when she banded the smaller one. I've had bleeding for a long time too and hope that this banding procedure will stop it. I have Ibs and she said i probably will need to come back in 5 years to get a trimming. My husband has a fissure and hemmoroids and had to be treated too. So were in this together..haha. He got a special ointment that they mixed up in the pharmacy. I hope you can fully recover from yours. Thanks again for sharing your story!

Last edited by Princess05247; 08-13-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
(male)

iTAPout HB User

So I'm on recovering pretty well now. Tuesday will make a week since the LIS procedure (once again I did NOT have the banding done).

Now I have a new problem. I may have a skin tag (sentinel pile), but it looks like there is a hole right by the lump. I felt something and thought it may be a stich from the incision, but now I'm not sure. Anyone have experience with this?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
(female)

Princess05247 HB User

I must have read your post wrong. I guess i shouldn't have said anything.

Last edited by Princess05247; 08-17-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
(male)

iTAPout HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess05247 View Post
I must have read your post wrong. I guess i shouldn't have said anything.

I hope I didn't come off as rude earlier! I am updating from my phone in the tub, so it's tedious to type a lot!

I looked online about the small bleeding hole on my rectum and got worried that it could be an abcess or fistula. I called the doc and he said not to worry unless I run a fever or start bleeding more. I have to continue sitz and warm compresses and stay off my feet.

Any experience with this anyone?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
(male)

iTAPout HB User

I had my first follow up appt. Yesterday. The fissure is slowly healing. The hole i was so worried about is the incision site (duh). He said 2 mnore weeks and. It should be about 100%. Im easing back into exercise ang going #2 is still much easier! Im hoping that the hems. Will not cause so much. Of a problem since i spend 2 mins tops on the toilet instead of struggling for 10+ mins like before. My only problem has been a little difficulty tooting uncontrollably, which should get better as things tighten back up.

If the hems get back to where they were i will look into banding, but for now they have been much more manageable!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #12
(male)

Back2Basics3 HB User

hows it going now? I'm going to be getting LIS surgery soon! And its nice to hear the insight...Im a little nervous about getting it.

Closed Thread