It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
(male)

wasley81 HB User
abdominal discomfort mainly left side

I'm a 27 year old male and I have just had a melanoma in situ removed from
the back of my leg removed along with a large arena of skin.
I know that the chances that it has spread to other parts of my body are very slim,
but it has worried me all the same.
I have a worrying uncomfort in my lower abdomen, it is not really painful but pretty
uncomfortable and a bit of a tight feeling. I have been poking about and can't seem to find the
location of this discomfort and at the same time probably making it worst.
I have no other symptions at all.
I have had this discomfort for about 4/5 weeks now.
I'm getting very frequent and very anoying spasms in the same area, sometimes you can even see my tummy moving.
I'm very worried that my cancer has spread..could this be cancer.
I went to my GP with this problem 2 weeks ago and she prescribed me some Anti Botics as she thought it could
have been a water infection.(and thats what it felt like too).
I have receieved my water tests back and there was no infection found.
The same day I finished my Anti Botics my mouth was covered with ulcers, so many I couldn't even talk or eat.
I felt like i had the flu for 3 days then I came out in a bad rash...which is only just going.
I'm not sure what to think of all this and i'm very worried about whats going on in my tummy.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: abdominal discomfort mainly left side

Antibiotics can disrupt the flora in your digestive track. You might try adding yogurt to your diet, or a probiotic supplement. In general, how is your fiber intake?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
(male)

wasley81 HB User
Re: abdominal discomfort mainly left side

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg View Post
Antibiotics can disrupt the flora in your digestive track. You might try adding yogurt to your diet, or a probiotic supplement. In general, how is your fiber intake?
This all started before i was taking the anti biotics.
I would say my diet is very good I eat yoghurt every day along with seeds and nuts, my fibre intake is good as far as I know...I still have a dull pain deep down and i'm still having spasm, i have been back to the docs and he has given me some anti spasm pills...it seems to have calmed it down a bit but done nothing for my pain.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
(male)

wasley81 HB User
lower abdominal discomfort

Hi not sure what the right board for this one is.
I have been suffering from lower abdominal discomfort for the last 6 weeks now.
it feels like i have a bladder infection (dull pain under my pelvis) but i have been checked and no infection or blood is present.
It all started with spams in the same are, these where almost be constant...i went to the hospital and they gave me some anti spasm pills.
The spasms have gone but im now left with a dull pain under my pelvis also i have a dull pian just to the left of my pelvis.
I have no other systems.
I found out i had early stage melanoma 2 months ago, im worried this might be linked and i don't know what to do or what to get checked!
Has anyone had something similar?

Closed Thread