It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
(male)

todamax15 HB User
Not having Bowel Urges?

24/male

I stopped having bowel urges for past 3 weeks. The only time I would defecate daily is after my breakfast or first meal of the day. Usually about 30 mins after my first meal, I would have feelings of flatulence or something wanting to come out, from there I can defecate and actually have bowel movements. But I do not feel any bowel urges when this happens. And when I do defecate here, bowels are usually not much and are firm and solid. Then about usually 5 minutes after getting out of toilet, I would have feeling of flatulence and bowels trying to come out again prompting me to go back to bathroom defecate again. But bowels again be not much, but softer, looser and narrower than the first time. After Iím done, 5 minutes later, it would happen again. This would repeat itself for usually 4-5 time a day with each time the stool softer and narrower than the last. Most times, the stool would even become diarrhea by the 4th or 5th time I go.

This entire situation started off 3 weeks ago after drinking a full glass of milk (which havenít drank since like a year ago and something I use to drink all the time) and followed by 2 days of constipation which it's gone now I think. Iím also suspecting it to be a case of partial mild obstruction, as maybe that might explain the narrow stools and having to go several times instead of just once and maybe a cause of lacking bowel urges?

I also have a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, rarely any junk food and exercise good deal daily. I am hesistant to take any laxatives or any bowel irregularity medicine seeing how I still am getting bowel movements. But donít want to take diarrhea medicine since that might actually stop my bowel movements. I also get quite gassy and somewhat bloated usually a few hours after dinner, though dinner is when I consume most vegetables and fruits.

And I haven't experience any pains, cramps or nausea or vomiting or loss of apetitie. Only symptoms I have are lack of bowel urges, and recurring diarrhea every other day and incomplete defecation each time I go.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this? And if any over the counter medicine or methods and resolve this? I currently have no health insurance so would like to avoid the doctor unless itís urgent or extremely necessary. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
(male)

pknair HB User
Re: Not having Bowel Urges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todamax15 View Post
24/male

I stopped having bowel urges for past 3 weeks. The only time I would defecate daily is after my breakfast or first meal of the day. Usually about 30 mins after my first meal, I would have feelings of flatulence or something wanting to come out, from there I can defecate and actually have bowel movements. But I do not feel any bowel urges when this happens. And when I do defecate here, bowels are usually not much and are firm and solid. Then about usually 5 minutes after getting out of toilet, I would have feeling of flatulence and bowels trying to come out again prompting me to go back to bathroom defecate again. But bowels again be not much, but softer, looser and narrower than the first time. After Iím done, 5 minutes later, it would happen again. This would repeat itself for usually 4-5 time a day with each time the stool softer and narrower than the last. Most times, the stool would even become diarrhea by the 4th or 5th time I go.

This entire situation started off 3 weeks ago after drinking a full glass of milk (which havenít drank since like a year ago and something I use to drink all the time) and followed by 2 days of constipation which it's gone now I think. Iím also suspecting it to be a case of partial mild obstruction, as maybe that might explain the narrow stools and having to go several times instead of just once and maybe a cause of lacking bowel urges?

I also have a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, rarely any junk food and exercise good deal daily. I am hesistant to take any laxatives or any bowel irregularity medicine seeing how I still am getting bowel movements. But donít want to take diarrhea medicine since that might actually stop my bowel movements. I also get quite gassy and somewhat bloated usually a few hours after dinner, though dinner is when I consume most vegetables and fruits.

And I haven't experience any pains, cramps or nausea or vomiting or loss of apetitie. Only symptoms I have are lack of bowel urges, and recurring diarrhea every other day and incomplete defecation each time I go.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this? And if any over the counter medicine or methods and resolve this? I currently have no health insurance so would like to avoid the doctor unless itís urgent or extremely necessary. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
First tell me about your location for better advice. I reach to understand after reading your problem that you are suffering from navel displacement it is known in India goodly. So I would suggest you some exercises and diet which may cure you completely. First exercise is, lie on your back, keep your both hands besides your body then raise up your both legs on 45 degree from ground. Keep in this position one two minutes and then come to relax. Second exercise stand up straight and touch your both legs toe from you hands without loose your body. Keep in this position one two minutes. Be remerber both exercises will be done in morning at empty stomach after stool passing. You may take only light food contained with fiber. You may take triphala churna at night for 3 days in a week. I am sure after one week you will feel well.

Closed Thread