It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

byoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB User
severely looped bowel?

I recently tried to have a colonoscopy due to terrible bowel problems. I have had diarreah, vomiting, pain, incontinence, alternating with nothing working at all, feels like things are just laying there. Well, long story short, went for colonoscopy, but Dr. couldn't do it so he just sent me for a lower GI barium x-rays the next day, diagnosis severly looped colon. What he could see he said my colon is very inflamed, my stomach and upper intestine is inflammed. No surgery needed at this time we'll just watch things. He took no biopsies he said and lower GI showed no polyps or lesions. He also said there was evidence of neuropathy. I am confused... Maybe I shouldn't be, maybe sombody can explain some of this to me? Is this IBS? Is this IBD? What do I do about the inflammation? I can't find any info about this on the net. I have googled looped bowel and I get stuff thats congenital, or from surgeries. That is not my case. He is calling in a prescription to help with the diarreah, I don't even know what, I am supposed to try it a couple of weeks and let him know if it helps. Anybody else had any of this happen to them?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
(female)

mitchiesmom HB User
Re: severley looped bowel?

I'm sorry that you are feeling so terribly and that you left your doctor's appointment confused about your diagnosis. While I'm not qualified to comment on your situation, I can tell you that my bowel was twisted and I had to have emergency surgery to cut that section out. If at all possible, I would call your doctor's office and let them know you have questions about your diagnosis. Perhaps a nurse can spend some time talking to you about it. If you don't find that helpful, I would get a second opinion because it seems like you are suffering quite a bit and you shouldn't have to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
(female)

byoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB User
Re: severely looped bowel?

Thank you for the reply, I am not as anxious now, I spoke to the dr. again and got the prescription, HyoMax SR. He feels I am having spasms due to the looping and twisting, or vis versa. We are going to try to stop the cramps and spasm with the med. I asked him for a definative name for what to call this, he said I should think of it as an imflamatory bowel disease, he said specifics are not relavent at this point. I asked about diet, he said high fiber, but other than that, nothing specific, follow my diabetic diet and cut out caffiene, diet soda, and suggested no artificial sweeteners as some people seem to have troubles with them. Once again thanks for the reply, I was freaking, I just wish somebody could just once tell me "this is whats wrong, this is what caused and and this is what we're going to do to fix it." Oh, well.

Closed Thread