It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
(male)

Estehanio HB User
Can enteritis last longer than 10 days? Im worried.

The story goes like this, for last 10 days, first i started to have sharp pain on my right low side, thought first its appendicitis, but it's not, after battery of tests, and everything, my blood tests pretty much normal except bit elevated WBC count, but slightly. After CT, my doctor diagnosed that I have inflamed Ileum, where small bowel connects to large bowel. Now I feel bit better, but sometimes I get to feel really bad, and especially seems I cant take spicy food. At the moment I live in South Korea, and most of food I ate last 2 months is really spicy. Could this be caused by spicy food no? I take now medicine he gave me for 7 days, also before i had a course 3 days, and 5days, but well. After the 5 day one, i was okey totally for 5 days, and then at night, i ate again very spicy stuff and at 4AM i started feeling pain in my abdomen, low right, more like dull, boring pain, and sometimes it makes me feel nauseous and feeling bad. Blood work OK, urine OK, ultrasound suspected appendicitis, but no just inflamed ileum. So doctor says that it's enteritis. But enteritis only lasts 10 days and its self limiting. What could this be ??

Someone help please

Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

karen275 HB User
Re: Can enteritis last longer than 10 days? Im worried.

Hi! Ive got a few suggestions... Besides changing yor diet; Do not eat 2 to 3hrs before bedtime. Don't drink with your meals, it will dilute your stomach acids and impede digestion. Peppermint tea is great,it has an analgesic effect. Some foods are hard to digest,like red meat-Please limit it.Pork should be eliminated. I'll get back to you after you post again,Este... Remember in the area you speak of,the ileum, There is a valve,called the ileocecal. It closesto stop the stuff in the large bowel from going back ,and allows small bowel contents to come thru. Enteritis can come and go. Allthe best,kersey777

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread