It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

stra47 HB User
Does it hurt when you tear your sphincter muscle?

I'm 24 years old, female, never had children. I'm afraid I may have torn or damaged my sphincter muscle. It's a little nerve racking for me, because I'm not sure how long I should wait to have this checked out. I'm a college student, with not very good health insurance and I simply don't know if I will be able to afford to have this looked at or fixed. I guess my main question for you guys would be if you could tell me a little bit about what you've gone through with this. What options will I have to fix a damaged sphincter muscle?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

Mable08 HB User
Re: Does it hurt when you tear your sphincter muscle?

It's hard to say what you have with little information. Annal fissure causes a lot of pain too. How long have you been having the pain? Acute annal fissure can be cured with non-surgical methods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
(male)

Dale38 HB User

Maybe its just a little steached and leave it alone and it may be ok? MY WIFE DOESNT LIKE ANAL BUT WHEN WE DO I GO VERY SLOW AND USE LOTS OF kyj . sORRY FOR YOUR PAIN , TRY WARM BATHS AND DONT PUT SOAP DOWN THERE IN CASE YOU HAVE A TEAR , IT TAKES MY WIFE A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE NOT BEEING SORE

Old 10-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

A first tear is not usually a serious issue and you could feel very little discomfort. It's when the muscle contracts into a spasm that it tends to be painful because you are trying to pass stools through what feels like an inflamed opening and it can cause you to tear the muscle again, but not necessarily. If you can avoid tearing it again it will heal naturally. However, every time you tear the muscle it gets worse so the priority for you is to get your stools soft to avoid that from happening. Read these boards for tips on how to do that.

If, as another poster has suggested that you did the damage other than through having a hard stool or constipation, then I doubt it very much. Not a fissure anyway, an intussusception maybe and that could be ten times worse in the long run (it would lead to surgery and probably a life of misery if you are unfortunate as it is not easy to correct once the damage has been done) so refrain.

Good luck.

Last edited by kennyboy; 10-22-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
(female)

stra47 HB User

Thanks Kennyboy, that is what I wanted to know. See the problem is that I've been going through this severe bouts of diarrhea and constipation. During a particularly long one of constipation, I was having sex (not anal) but it was kinda rough, and like my whole body was tensing up. I swear it felt like something broke. But it's not painful. But the sphincter muslce is kinda soft now, and (i'm like crying right now, so hard to type sorry) it feels like i can't flex it. And the worse part is that it's like my butt crack is always wet now (this has been a week). And I'm afraid that it's not going to get better and that i'm just going to have this ridiculously blown out ******* forever and i see all the problems that everyone else has online with this stuff.. So I guess I've pretty much just completely freaked myself out.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

OK, chill out a bit because it doesn't sound like a serious problem to me, it really doesn't.

If you don't have any pain then that is a really good sign.

You have not mentioned blood anywhere so I am beginning to think that you haven't torn anything at all.

One of the symptoms of hemorrhoids is a moist leaking around the anus and your constipation and bonking could have just aggravated them. The only cure for hemorrhoids is, again, to get your stools soft so that they heal naturally.

Eat healthily and be patient. The body has a remarkable capacity to heal itself and you are young so you have an advantage.

Last edited by kennyboy; 10-23-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Closed Thread