It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
(female)

emily42 HB User
Broken stool thereby creating incomplete evacuation

Sorry to be so graphic, but has anyone out there had bowel movements that come out, but then the last piece gets broken off and stays inside? The remaining broken piece will come out in the next days bowel movement, but then that bowel movement leaves a broken piece inside me. This happens with EVERY bm. Since there is a piece remaining in my rectum, it causes gas all of the time throughout the day (the gas happens at about a rate of 1 every 1-5 minutes). I have virtually no sphincter muscle left from a tramatic large delivery, so I cannot use muscle to try to get it out. Because of no sphincter muscle I cannot control the gas (I just try to squeeze my butt cheeks together and let it come out very slowly). Sometimes the gas is not smelly, sometimes it is ,which is VERY embarrassing!! I don't work and don't know how I will ever be able to return to work, with this issue. I am not going to dig my finger in my rectum. I have done warm water enemas with some pretty good results, but I don't want my bowels to get hooked on them. I eat a lot of very high fiber foods and take a soluble fiber supplement for IBS. I also drink LOTS of water. I also do the treadmill. Does anyone have anything that works for them. By the way, I already had a sphincter repair after the birth, but was told at that time that there was virtually very little that they were able to do because my sphincter muscle had been so thinned out from the delivery, that was 11 years ago. I had a 3rd degree episiotomy (sp?) and not only had sphincter damage, but was left with too big of a vaginal entrance, so had to have a repair episiotomy after healing from the birth. I am now 44 years old.
Any advice on what works for anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

karen275 HB User
Re: Broken stool thereby creating incomplete evacuation

Dear Emily42; I have a myriad of bowel problems that I will not go into.The same thing happens to me,even w/ laxatives and enemas. I started taking "systemic enzymes" nad that little extra piece makes its way low in the rectum. I have no peristalic action in the the last foot or more of my colon. So yes I dig around.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
(male)

cheeselephant HB User

I have the same problem and it leaves me in alot of discomfort aswell. Has anyone else experienced a similiar issue to this and have any positive feed back?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

I have the same problem sometimes (also after sphincteroplasty). With me it only happens with soft stool and I have to go 4-5 times a day before it all comes out and I can feel that there's still some left in there. I think it has to do with the tighter sphincter, or perhaps a small cavity on the inside of the sphincter, and perhaps a slight rectocele (weakend vaginal wall). Have you been checked out for rectocele? This is operable and is a simple procedure. You can check if you have a rectocele by pushing on the insides of the vagina towards the bowel. If the stool comes out if you apply pressure, then most likely you have a rectocele. Otherwise I reccommend to get firmer stool, at least this helps me get it all out in one piece and nothing gets left in there.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
(male)

Paul3192 HB User

I have the exact same problem it's so depressing I don't know what to do anymore I have had this problem since I was a child, I've never had a full bowel movement can some one please help have you resolved the issue emily?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
(female)

Finchesca HB UserFinchesca HB User

I was just about to suggest a similar thing, plus other ideas...

1. A seated position, as if on a chair, is not at all natural for bowel function. A squatting position is. Squatting makes full evacuation much easier and more natural. There's no need to change your bathroom fittings though, if you have the flexibility to squat on your own standard toilet seat. At the very least, even if seated, adopt a position where your butt is down low and your knees are as high as practical. I swear you will never look back! This, all by itself, may resolve the problem.

2. Never strain or force things! Straining seems to be quite harmful to natural bowel function. Just wait for your body's natural signal, then squat, then wait!

3. Eat on a regular cycle rather than snacking. Bodies love rythms. Have you ever noticed that when you are on vacation, eating full meals at defined times rather than grazing irregularly through the day, your bowel functions much better?

That should fix it

Closed Thread