It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User
How long do internal hemorrhoids last?

I am suffering with achy pain, burning and a little itching just inside my rectum on the left side. It kind of feels like a cut in there - its sore and maybe raw. My bowels are ok, soft stools and no pain or bleeding when i go. i do keep getting a frequent urge to urinate too though dont know if its related. also tailbone, buttock pain but as i have a bad back anyway its hard to tell if its related.

Went to the docs and he said it is an internal hemorrhoid, and gave me procto-something-or-other suppositories to use for 1 week. He said it would go away on its own within 2-3 weeks, and if not to go back for a look with a telescope and a light(?).
So in all i have had this problem for 4 weeks now, and it is NO better than at the start. I am trying horse chestnut tincture and germaloid suppositories and warm baths and ice sometimes, but no change.
This is driving me nuts as i cant sit down, work at a desk or anything, and im quite anxious it is something else more serious than what the doc said as this is not getting better. Is 4 weeks a long time to feel like this? Please help im getting so depressed

Last edited by MoonlightChick; 10-28-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
(male)

Bertiz HB User
Re: How long do internal hemorrhoids last?

Haemorrhoids wont always respond to topical ointments/suppositories etc.
Sometimes theyll need to be injected which is fairly striaght forward.
So in answer to your question, they can pretty much last any length of time.
I'd go back to your doctor and see if they suggest colonscopy +/- injection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
(male)

interlocutor HB User

Internal Hemorrhoids can last a pretty long time...As far as the pain associated with them, I'm not sure. I have a couple internal ones for which I have been going to the doc for repeated rubber band ligations. As far as I know, I've had them to varying degrees for a few years, but in my case they have never been painful (only the rubber banding causes pain).

I guess it all depends on size/severity...

Last edited by interlocutor; 10-28-2009 at 10:34 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to interlocutor For This Useful Post:
arpit13 (10-29-2011)
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User

Hmm, I wonder if it is even a hemorrhoid then, as its sore, and if i feel inside (sorry this is a lot of info) there is a definite sore area - its quite close to the outside. Given that ive got no blood or anything, what else could it be - a fissure maybe, but then it doesnt hurt to go. I dont know.. but it is scaring me, as i worry about my health too much. Also it is worse in the evening but not so bad at all in the morning - is that typical of hemorrhoids?

Last edited by MoonlightChick; 10-28-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Closed Thread