It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
(male)

Gliff HB User
Internal Hemorrhoid?

I have a bit of a weird problem that I've only noticed recently. On the inside of my rectum, I presume, just less than a finger length into the anus, I've discovered a hardish lump. At first I panicked and thought the worst, that it could be cancer or something of that nature - but being only 20 years old I felt I was jumping the gun. So this morning I checked again and I couldn't feel the lump. Looking at it logically, if it was there last night, but wasn't this morning, I'm hoping it's just an internal Hemorrhoid - but I wanted to check that it's presense and them absense might suggest a Hemorrhoid as opposed to something more troublesome?

I've checked again just a moment ago and, alas, the lump is back. It's not hard to miss, so I don't think my check this morning was false. I've read that sitting down can cause Hemorrhoids - and I do sit for quite a while in the day, about 3 hours on an uncomfortable bus seat and on various chairs whilst at University.

I'll check again tomorrow (As I have the day off and intend to relax) - to see if there might be correlation between sitting and the presense of this lump - but for now I wanted to see if anybody thought it was pointing more towards Hemorrhoid or if I should be more aware and look into it further?

Just as a note - I've only had blood on tissue paper once or twice more as a result of cleaning too hard after excretion, it's never felt uncomfortable either.

Any thoughts would be welcomed - this is making me a tad nervous.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

goddesspits HB User
Re: Internal Hemorrhoid?

I had a hemorrhoidectomy performed on the 22nd of October. My recovery is going okay, but has been long and painful. When I went into surgery I had never had a hemorrhoid before. I went to the bathroom that night and one popped out. 1/2 hour later it was thrombosed (clotted) and got ulcerated so I went into emergency surgery. When they did the surgery he told me that I had multiple internal hemorrhoids. I NEVER knew. Now, I haven't felt up in my rectum with my fingers or anything, but I apparently have been suffering from internal hemorrhoids without even knowing it. I never had any bleeding or pain or itching, etc.... SO, I would say, you could definitely have them and not know. And the lump you feel may be a hemorrhoid, but you may want to check with a doctor just to make sure. hope that helps!

Closed Thread