It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User
Raw, sore, throbbing inside rectum - need support

I have had this problem for six weeks now and I cant take it anymore. I have a sore raw area about an inch inside my rectum just on the left. I examined myself with vaseline and i can feel it is sore to the touch in there - like a cut or a wound and doesn't feel smooth. I don't have any pain or bleeding when i have a BM, though it hurts worse afterwards and just feels irritated. It certainly not like the pain of a fissure which i have had in the past. It hurts all day and is often even worse at night.

It also sometimes throbs and burns and the pain goes into my left butt cheek - an achy crampy pain. Its so bad i am only comfortable lying down - sitting is unpleasant. I have been to the doctor, she examined me, and was told first that it is an internal hemorrhoid, then a couple of weeks later that maybe it is a cut, though the lack of pain with BM's puzzled her. She thinks it will get better on its own. I was using anusol/germaloid suppositories but they seemed to make it burn worse. I stopped using all creams, and for a couple of days it started to feel better but then came back with a vengeance. Have tried ice packs, sitz baths etc too.

I am getting seriously depressed, im in pain all the time and frightened this is something bad like cancer or something. What other conditions could cause my symptoms?

Last edited by MoonlightChick; 11-16-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
(male)

wjhill HB User
Re: Raw, sore, throbbing inside rectum - need support

probably need to go the a doctor specializing in Colorectal issues. It does sound a lot like a Hemorrhoid though. I had similar issue also with no bleeding but pain same burning throbing type and I had hemorhoids. If the pain feels more like it posterior in the rectum or more towards your backbone that is typically where hemorrhoids are. Was there a specific event that happened around the time pain onset like a difficult bowel movement or constipation? If you do end up having Hemorrhoids look into Hemorroid artery ligation as a treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User

Thank you wjhill for replying to me. It feels like it is toward the back but on the left side.. It all started after a week of very heavy computer time - sitting down a LOT.
So did you have an operation for yours? If so what was your experience - with pain etc? I keep hoping it will get better on its own, but in 6 weeks there is no change for better or (thankfully) for worse

Old 11-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
(male)

wjhill HB User

Well, that is definately a location of a hemorrhoid I had pain on both sides but towards the back. I definately would not even consider surgery. If it doesn't improve soon you might try IRC usually 1 treatement per hemorrhoid if this doesn't seem to help don't keep going look into Dopper guided hemorrhoid ligation. It absolutely takes care of the hemorrhoids with very little pain or missed work. That is what I did after several years of discomfort and over 10 IRC treatments and trying about every home rememedy and internet cure I could find.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

You might try Anurex if the doctor won't treat it.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhill View Post
Well, that is definately a location of a hemorrhoid I had pain on both sides but towards the back. I definately would not even consider surgery. If it doesn't improve soon you might try IRC usually 1 treatement per hemorrhoid if this doesn't seem to help don't keep going look into Dopper guided hemorrhoid ligation. It absolutely takes care of the hemorrhoids with very little pain or missed work. That is what I did after several years of discomfort and over 10 IRC treatments and trying about every home rememedy and internet cure I could find.
Poor you suffering for years, good that you have it on the mend. Buy the way what is IRC? I just hope this is a hemorrhoid problem and not something worse or unexplainable.

Last edited by MoonlightChick; 11-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

MoonlightChick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esker View Post
You might try Anurex if the doctor won't treat it.
Is that an over the counter hemorrhoid cream? ive already had proctosedyl (or something) suppositories prescribed by my GP and they only helped the pain for a few days then the effect wore off. I also tried anusol and germaloid suppositories, aloe gel, and tincture of horse chestnut (orally) - nothing helps. Im best off with frozen peas in a ziplock bag!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightChick View Post
Is that an over the counter hemorrhoid cream?
It's not a cream. It's a cold therapy device, like frozen peas only better.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
(male)

wjhill HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightChick View Post
Poor you suffering for years, good that you have it on the mend. Buy the way what is IRC? I just hope this is a hemorrhoid problem and not something worse or unexplainable.
IRC is Infrared Coagulation it is a treatment for hemorrhoids quick and fairly painless just not overly effective in my opinion.

Closed Thread