It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
(male)

cruchief100 HB User
Need Some Help

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 30 Y/O male and I need some help. About a year and a half ago I started having terrible bowel problems. I usually take a large bowel movement in the morning, but continually feel like I have to go all day long and have cramps in my intestinal area (not stomach). It's especially bad if I'm sitting down, particularly in the car. Usually it's just the cramping and urge to go, but occasionally I get diarrhea as well. I can somewhat control it with immodium advanced, but I'm still uncomfortable. I had a colonoscopy about a year ago but they didn't give me any answers, I had a few polyps which they removed but apparently everything else looked okay and i was never really given a diagnosis other than "It's probably IBS.' It is basically ruining my life, I get anxious when I go anywhere now, which is a major problem considering I'm in the Air Force and travel a lot. Does anyone else have suggestions for this, or products to take? I guess my major symptoms in a nutshell are incomplete evacuation feeling, cramping, and occasional diahrrea. I eat a pretty balanced diet, I'm in pretty good shape and exercise regularly (my only vice is chewing tobacco). Any help or suggestions are appreciated, thanks for listening

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Need Some Help

Have you tried cutting out the tobacco to see if that makes a difference?

My guess is that it almost certainly would as nicotine has an effect on digestion. The way that you take it by chewing means that it is metabolised in the body via the kidneys and liver. It's a poison after all and it will take your body time to adjust if you stop using it so don't expect any immediate relief from your symptoms.

Last edited by kennyboy; 12-06-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
(male)

cruchief100 HB User

I cut the tobacco for about 6 months without any alleviation of symptoms, in fact, it really got bad after I stopped smoking.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User

If it got bad after you stopped smoking then it suggests there is a causal link. Nicotine loses its effect after a while so the body needs to ingest more of it just to feel 'normal'. If you are not increasing the intake your metabolism could be screaming for more giving you the symptoms you describe.

I'm surprised that you didn't feel some relief after a few months, depends how much nicotine your body had to tolerate originally I guess. It takes a long time to get over drug addiction. My money is still on this.

Whatever, by ingesting a poison on a drip feed basis you are inviting your liver to react in a cancerous fashion and that will be ten times worse than what you are suffering now.

Last edited by kennyboy; 12-07-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Closed Thread