It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
(female)

Thuja HB User
Question Diverticulitis and ongoing back pain

Hello to all - four weeks ago I was hospitalized for a week with an attack of diverticulitis. It was actually the third time I had suffered the pain, but the previous two times (both within the last six months) I sort of muddled through, and was already taking antibiotics for something unrelated.

I actually thought it was the antibiotics giving me the pain and diarrhea A few days before I was admitted into hospital, I had gone to my GP with a very tender and painful belly, and backache - he thought it may have been renal colic, as I also have haematuria - also ongoing for the last three months - am awaiting a cystoscopy for that, kidney scan was clear.

Unfortunately for me, I am also 7 months out from an abdominal hysterectomy, so I tried not to take much notice of all the symptoms, thinking it was somehow related to that. I had a feeling that the tender belly and blood in urine was hyster related, obviously not.

My main problem is severe lower back pain. And I mean severe - I am taking Ultram (Tramadol) regularly - it eases off and the returns till I take another tablet I still have tenderness in my lower abdomen, and am just waiting for the agony, I feel it is a matter of time.

I am interested to know if long term blood in urine, and especially the backache might be related to the diverticulitis, or should I be worrying about possibly something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

Thuja HB User
Re: Diverticulitis and ongoing back pain

Has anyone here had ongoing back pain with diverticulitis? And/or blood in urine? Went to see my GP this morning, who feels it may be connected to my bladder and not bowels, but I'm not convinced...I have asked for stronger painkillers, and am now taking 100mgs Tramadol three times a day with Difene suppository for pain, don't yet know how that will do me .

Last edited by Thuja; 12-14-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

Mommyface HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuja View Post
Has anyone here had ongoing back pain with diverticulitis? And/or blood in urine? Went to see my GP this morning, who feels it may be connected to my bladder and not bowels, but I'm not convinced...I have asked for stronger painkillers, and am now taking 100mgs Tramadol three times a day with Difene suppository for pain, don't yet know how that will do me .
Yes, I have and it continues to be a problem.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
(female)

LeighAnnie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyface View Post
Yes, I have and it continues to be a problem.

I do know that frequently people with diverticulitis will also develop an infection in a surrounding organ like the bladder. Sometimes they will even attach and sometimes even eventually share contents.. of course at that point it is an emergency. I'm thinking maybe some x rays, a ct scan or barium enema could help pinpoint what is going on in there!

Closed Thread