It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
(male)

LunaSol HB User
Exclamation Red Chunks In Poop

I'm 17 years old, 6' tall 200lb, very active, ski 3 to 4 days a week in the winter, ride dirt bikes, and race stock cars in the summer. I have to eat healthy to maintain my weight, I have gone from weighting 265lb to the sub 200's in about a year and a half. Hopefully ill be in the low 190's soon. Anyway, yesterday I believe I ate cereal for breakfast, had some snacks threw out the day, just some like oatmeal/nut bars whatever, and had some chicken breasts for super. About an hour after super I ate a large grapefruit. Then I went to a buddies house and played poker with some friends, didn't consume any beers or anything, went to bed at about 1am. I wake up this morning at about 6 with that very uncomfortable warm feeling in my lower abdomen area, followed by diarrhea.

Went back to bed, woke back up at 7, then around 8, then around 9 with all the same symptoms. Now it's 2pm and iv went to the bathroom about 10 times. The last 3 times thought I have noticed some very red looking chunks, completely separated from the rest of the poop and looks nothing like poop. The last time i went to the bathroom I really shat out a large red chunk about 1.5" long and .5" thick.

The last couple hours my symptoms have been happening less and am only going to bathroom about every 1hr. But my poop keeps looking weirder and weirder. What could this be? Iv never had any red stuff in my poop before, but in the last couple years having a great satisfying poop is few and far between, but the last about 1.5months I have been taking 1-2 tablespoons of Metamucil daily with awesome success. Another note is the last couple days I have skipped out on my Metamucil intake unintentionally.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-28-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: Red Chunks In Poop

it could be the grapefruit that you are seeing. did you eat any tomatoes in the last few days? i know when i eat tomatoes i see a lot of bright red tomato skins in my poop the next couple days afterwards.

not sure what else it could be. you say these are chunks so i am assuming it's not blood.

i would keep taking the metamucil and maybe start taking a stool softener once a day with a bunch of water. and see if things improve.

if you keep seeing the red chunks then try to do a diet for a good week where you are eliminating everything red. check food labels for red dyes and if you still seeing red chunks after being on the diet a good week then i would call up a doctor and get checked out.

Closed Thread