It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
(male)

ThaTruth HB User
Bowel disorder::: No sex drive, appetite, constipation?? Helppp pleasee

Ok, I've been going through hell for the last while, and I've tried to get some answers here, with no avail. So today I'm going to try again. I've been so depressed about this that I haven't really taken time to explain my symptoms the way I feel I should of, and I've been so confused sometimes I find it hard. So I'm going to list them here. Any support would be great, especially if someone else has experianced this. Keep in mind, im 22. I'm supposed to be at the peak of my life, and I'm starting to lose hope. I feel like an old man. And I don't party, or do any drugs, and I eat well. I'm pretty lost, and I'm to the point where I don't even want to go outside anymore. Depression has set in hard this time.

- Constpation
- Loose Stools
- Low urine
- Strange feeling during urination
- Loss of "urgent" feeling to go to the bathroom.
- Feels like something is blocking my insides
- Frequent urination
- Strange red substances in stool
- Trouble getting/sustaining an erection
- Changing testicle size
- Complete loss of sex drive and interest in women.. I've only had one sexual partner, and I'm very attracted to her. I used to love sex. And it's now causing problems with communication, and effecting my relationship greatly.. One of the few things I get enjoyment out of.
- Dry orgasms
- Extreme anxiety
- Memory loss
- Confusion
-Weakness
-Complete Loss of Appetite

I've had some tests done this week for stool and urine and blood. But I was only able to get one stool sample, so I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to try and push for a colonoscopy.

I had all the above symptoms for 7 years. Back in September I started taking metamucil for the first time, and drinking lots of fluids, and eating very well. The metamucil worked great. I started going to the bathroom regularly, felt young again, and was on top of the world. My sex drive came back, my "tools" felt like they were supposed to, and my relationship with my girlfriend was never so good.

Once I started to feel good, I came to a point where I didn't need metamucil. At this point, I started to abuse the fact that I felt good, and started eating alot of junkfood, and not drinking alot of water. And Boom, all the symptoms came back. I couldn't get hard, no sex drive, appetite, depression. So all of the symptoms are linked to my bowels, in my opinion. If Metamucil fixed them all? But now, as much water as I drink, as healthy as I eat, take metamucil, nothing works.

My life sucks now. And I'm pretty much fed up. It's embarassing. I feel like the urine problem may be linked to the bowel problem, and the sex problems may be linked to the bladder problems and so on? I'm just looking for some support, or answers. I've been trying to figure this out forever. It's really ruining my life. Keep in mind, I do understand depression/anxiety could cause these symptoms. But this isn't the case. My depression/anxiety is caused by the sickness, because I'm fed up, and scared. Thanks in advance for any information people. I'm getting to the end of my rope here =/

Last edited by ThaTruth; 01-13-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: Bowel disorder::: No sex drive, appetite, constipation?? Helppp pleasee

is there any pattern to the episodes of loose stools and frequent urination and the episodes of constipation and the low urine, meaning, when you experience loose stools do you also experience frequent urination and when you experience constipation do you also experience the low urine?

the only conclusion i could come to if you experience constipation and low urination at the same time would be that you are dehydrated.

frequent urination is caused by a number of things, that could include drinking a lot of water, taking diuretics, eating foods that are natural diuretics, having a urinary tract or kidney infection, and STI's, which can cause a strange feeling during urination.

maybe you have IBS? maybe you are allergic to certain foods or are sensitive to certain foods?

i would start a food journal if you haven't already and write down what you eat every day and what your bowel movements are like and try to find a pattern with what you are eating and what causes you to be constipated or have diarrhea.

i, for instance believe i am lactose intolerant and possibly gluten sensitive, so i avoid diary products and wheat and oats and anything with gluten in them. i also try to avoid soy products because i believe those irritate my bowels as well.

i have a sensitive bladder too. certain liquids really irritate my bladder. i do not drink soda anymore or anything that is carbonated. i also do not drink anything that is diet or sugar free or that has artificial sugar in it. all of these things irritate my bladder and make is almost burn when i urinate.

i know its no fun to not be able to eat certain things, but i finally feel like i have control of my life now by controlling what i eat.

as depression and anxiety, it is winter, at least in north america, and i know i get sorta depressed and anxious in the winter months because of lack of sunlight. what you can do to combat these feelings it to take a supplement of vitamin D every day. and try to sit in some sunlight.

also, are you very active? do you exercise much? depression, anxiety, and low sex drive can all be improved and possibly reversed by starting a regular workout routine.

you will also find you have more energy and strength once you start a regular work out routine.

you may be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals which can cause all sorta of bodily problems. maybe you should get some blood work done to see if you are anemic or low on certain vitamins.

well, i hope i have covered almost every thing you mentioned. i hope this at least gives you some ideas and places to start.

first thing i would do is start that food journal and also make an appointment with your general practitioner/family doctor for a checkup. tell him or her what is going on and that you would like to get some blood tests done to see if you are deficient in any nutrients or vitamins.

Closed Thread