It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

logan89 HB User
Bowel Problems

Not sure if this should be in this thread, but here goes, Ive been constipated for the past 4-5 days and have only been to the bathroom 2 times in that time, my stomach has been growling a lot, also when I first noticed this my anus was very itchy, I try to go to the bathroom but I just cant go. also Ive been feeling more tired than usual. I didnt eat anything this morning, and then at for lunch about half a pizza, and then home I had dinner which was a stew with bread that my mother made. I havent been passing gas lately much either, so Im not sure whats going on, I kind of have a feeling I have worms of some sort, also I dont have health insurance and in the end I might just have to go to the doctors anyways. should I do something before, I need relief, not that my stomach hurts or anything but its really weird, the only times this ever happens to me is if I am mountain climbing for a week I go very rarely, but then I come home and get regular again. My stomach does not look bloated or anything. I think I might pass by the drug store and get a laxative.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
(male)

logan89 HB User
Re: Bowel Problems

oh and the day I went to the bathroom which was the other day. My feces looked sort of layered or something not sort of regular. like in clumps or something like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User

symptoms of pinworms include:

anal or vaginal itching and irritation, as well as possible irritability, fatigue, weight loss, behavior problems and night-waking/nightmares.

i would try to see a doctor.

as for the constipation, get some metamucil (it's a fiber laxative. it is gentle. it adds water to your stools.) and take a tablespoon of metamucil twice a day with big glasses of water. also get a stool softener like colace and take 2 or 3 gelcaps at night with a big glass of water and you might also consider taking a tablet of magnesium (it helps relax the intestinal tract) with your dinner. some people also take a tablespoon of mineral oil (helps lubricate your intestinal tract) to help things out.

do this every day for a good week. this should help things move along in your bowels. if you don't want to do all of these things, i would at least suggest taking the stool softeners and up your water intake.

hope you feel better soon. also, if you have pinworms you should be able to see them in your stools. they are tiny and white.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-17-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
(male)

logan89 HB User

so I went to the store and got some laxative, ended up taking about 10 hours for it to work, my stomach started feeling weird, but I finally went to the bathroom. Also I found out that from so many tries of going to the bathroom I got hemorrhoids. Now I just lay in bed. Not that I cant sit, but not sitting makes me feel a little better. Now I got to figure out what to do with this next problem.

Closed Thread