It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

mej1980 HB User
what will stop anal fissure pain?

what will stop anal fissure pain? It's been over a month since I have slept through the night. This happened about 6 days after bilateral knee replacement surgery. I realize some of the therapy that I am doing is provoking this. I am going to lose my mind. The pain is incapaciting. From what I have read, I have all the suppositories and ointments recommened. Nothing helps. I do sitz baths, also. Please help me.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: what will stop anal fissure pain?

i am trying to figure out the correlation between your surgery and the anal fissure. were you taking a lot of painkillers after the surgery? and if so, did they cause constipation?

when taking pain killers you have to make sure you are drinking tons of water and taking stool softeners

it also can't hurt to take metamucil and/or mineral oil or flaxseed oil

you have to keep your stools as soft as possible so your fissure will heal. if it has been more than a few months though, you should make an appt with a colon and rectal surgeon. some fissures won't go away no matter what you do for them

for pain try taking motrin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

mej1980 HB User

That is what is bizzarre. I haven't had a single bout of consitpation. They put me on Senokot post op. I was advised to switch to colace which can be less irritating. I use annusol suppositories, 5% lidocaine cream ane also have a tube of topical hydrocortisone cream. I take sitz baths, sit on a donut but don't sleep well on the donut. I am so sleep deprived from the pain. I do have an appt to see a colorectal surgeon on 2/1 but I am afraid I am going to lose my mind by then. I am open for suggestions.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User

it sounds like you are taking all the right precautions when it comes to dealing with the pain. i've also heard of people sitting on heating pads after bowel movements to help with the pain.

when i was dealing with my superficial cuts i applied vaseline to the area right before having a bowel movement and that seemed to help ease things out.

i eventually had to get LIS surgery. I am so glad I did and wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get the surgery. it's been 3 1/2 weeks and things are going great.

good luck and keep searching around the forum. i'm sure you'll find some more suggestions

Closed Thread