It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

omega33655 HB User
stomach discomforts/strange stools

Helllo all..

I am 22 years old, male. I do not often drink or smoke and I am in decent weight. I am 5'11" and weigh around 166 lbs. But I do often eat hot sauce or spicy foods.

Recently (for about 1 1/2 weeks), I have had a MILD gnawing feeling in my stomach and mild abdominal stabbing pain/fullness.

I dont know if these are contributing symptoms but also have had back pains (but its not rare that i have these since i sit at work all day) as well as head aches/some rare nausea.

the fullness/pressure and the pains are for the most part pretty light now, but i have had some constipation and strange stools...which is whats worrying me.

I am usually very healthy and get sick once or twice a year. but I am also very stressed and have been for a while. so i dont know if that could be a factor.

i dont have health insurance yet, but until it kicks in I decided to go to the family clinic. they did blood work on me. and took a stool sample.

i went back for the results and said that mostly everything looked normal. that nothing screamed infection and that my stool was fine. they did the ulcer test as well, and said it was negative.
but since this is a low cost clinic they dont really dedicate much of their time to you, and didnt tell me anything else. doctor said she thinks its a dietery thing and that i need to eat better. she did not prescribe anything but recommended some anti acid and fiber supplement as well as change in diet.

im about to go to a new doctor, and dish out more of my money to make sure im ok.

but after those tests were performed i have been taking metamucil powder (strawberry). it did make me go more often, but after taking it I had 3 bowel movements in different occasions come out with dark maroon colored stools and once with brighter red stools. I kind of only saw this when i was taking the metamucil. so i stopped taking it. i wasnt sure if it was indeed blood. but most of the stool was composed of this red rubbery matter. and i am collecting samples for the doctor.

after a day of having a morning where i felt norma (yesterday)l, i had an evening when again i felt uncomfortable NO PAIN....but discomfort indeed.
this morning i had a bowel movement with really dark and tarry stools.

I am usually healthy as a horse. and this has been mild...but it has been around for a bout a week and a half. so its really worrying me.

so, even though the discomforts arent as strong. the strange bowel movements still keep worrying me.

what could it be?

much appreciated!!

Last edited by omega33655; 01-31-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
(male)

omega33655 HB User
Re: stomach discomforts/strange stools

bumps..anybody?

Closed Thread