It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

amoeba430 HB User
several bowel movements a day and gaining weight

I have been about 135-138 lbs (5'6" female) for 4-5 years at least, with really no weight loss or gain. If I gain a little for some reason, it's a lb or two and usually levels off without trying.

Within the past approx 4 months or so, I began gaining weight. I don't really see any correlation between eating or anything else. It has been steadily increasing, and now I'm at about 152. I haven't been this heavy in probably 7 yrs at least.

Along with that, I am having several bowel movements a day. This doesn't happen every single day, but enough to notice. It is a smaller amount than what it would be if I went once a day, or every other day, which was my normal. Sometimes, it will only be a very small amount, but 3-5 times a day.

I am just wondering if there is any known problem that could be causing both of these issues?

I have slightly low blood sugar and so I don't do well fasting, or I would just do that to lose some of the weight that has been piling on. I eat a good amount of protein (soy, bean, etc, not meat), because that keeps the blood sugar stable, so that means a lot of fiber too, but my body has been used to that and I never had this many bowel movements before.

Any information or comments would be helpful. Thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: several bowel movements a day and gaining weight

not sure why you are having more bowel movements. maybe get your thyroid levels tested.

also, are you less active than you were several months ago?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
(female)

amoeba430 HB User

no i'm not less active.
i walk outside delivering mail all day so that's a consistent fairly good amount of activity, plus i actually used to always weight a little less in the winter from the cold.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

ANY change in our bowel movements I think should be mentioned to our doctors. We all have what is "normal" for ourselves. One person may go every morning and others do go more often.

My girlfriend just for an example began having terrible diahrea every day. Her culprit?
It was the anti-inflammatories as she had this specific type of colitis! So again, I would for sure check with your doctor just to make sure everything is okay. They may recommend a colonoscopy.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
(female)

shirley68 HB User

I feel for you ! I had small intestine bypass surgery 34 years ago for weight loss because i was unable to lose weight any way except by fasting. I have been gaining weight steadily for the past 10 years and now i'm only 10 lbs. From my pre-surgery weight.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
(male)

Jason Ramirez HB User

It would be good to check with your doctor first. I’m not sure what it could be. But if your doctor rules out any major problem I would recommend you try a good herbal colon cleanse. I experienced unexplainable weight gain like yours. A friend of mine told me that it could be just my digestive system – not working as well as it should. I pretty much lived on fast foods and take-outs. She recommended I try an herbal colon cleanse. It was easy to take and very gentle on the system. It helps to cleanse the colon of accumulated waste and parasites, and helps to restore a healthy microflora.

A healthy microflora is very essential for healthy digestion. An imbalanced microflora may lead to weight gain since the body is not efficiently digesting and absorbing nutrients. It worked for me. The best part is their colon supplement program – these MultiFibe capsules contain fiber, vitamins, minerals and digestive aids. I was able to have regular bms and it also helps maintain digestive health. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by moderator2; 03-02-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Closed Thread