It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Sick and tired of being constipated and bloated..

Hi everyone,

I've been constipated, bloated, and have had lots of gas for awhile now. My gastro doctor gave me a med to try and did not do anything at all. I've tried various over the counter items and still no luck. I've been constipated before, but I just took a laxative and all was well after a couple of days.

The reason I am constipated is b/c of the medication that I take. I have gone a little bit here and there, but I have to really strain to get anything out, which I know is not good for you either.

Also, I am so bloated I look pregnant and along with this my chest feels tight and my breathing gets a tight feeling as well.

I called my gastro doc today, hopefully I'll get a call back tomorrow. But, has anyone had the tight chest issue with the bloating--it is very frustrating and sometimes scary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sherrie

Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

Miss Lynn HB User
Re: Sick and tired of being constipated and bloated..

Have you tried Miralax? That stuff worked wonders for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Hi Miss Lynn,

Actually I'm trying Miralax right now and it's not working yet. My gastro doctor said I can take it as much during the day as I want to.
How long did it take for you to get relief from taking Miralax? Do you take it a certain time of day?

Thanks,
Sherrie

Old 03-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schao View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been constipated, bloated, and have had lots of gas for awhile now. My gastro doctor gave me a med to try and did not do anything at all. I've tried various over the counter items and still no luck. I've been constipated before, but I just took a laxative and all was well after a couple of days.

The reason I am constipated is b/c of the medication that I take. I have gone a little bit here and there, but I have to really strain to get anything out, which I know is not good for you either.

Also, I am so bloated I look pregnant and along with this my chest feels tight and my breathing gets a tight feeling as well.

I called my gastro doc today, hopefully I'll get a call back tomorrow. But, has anyone had the tight chest issue with the bloating--it is very frustrating and sometimes scary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sherrie

Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User

You will NEVER get well from mainstream medicine!!! Look into alternative remedies and methods...... BUt trust me, u will GET SICKER from drugs!!! I cant post links here, sadly. BUt pls do searches on natural and alternative remedies.... I beat all this mess, u can too. I did using a GOOD DIET, HEALTHY FOODS and using herbs and other natural means. Doctors MAKE u sick!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
(male)

mrk7 HB User

For constipation try magnesium carbonate. Works like magic!

Also constipation is a sure sign of dehydration at some level so drink up.

I'd also lay off of dairy for a little because that "binds" you up. Absorb Aid enzymes work really good in combo with this.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-30-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
(male)

mrk7 HB User

Farm Girl, I'm curious as to know how you were able to relieve yourself of the lyme? That's huge it's not easy to overcome. I once had alot of the same symptoms you had as well with breathing and tight stomach.

Closed Thread