It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
(male)

Dang12 HB User
Question Very Embarrasing Bowel Issue

I am a 24 year old male and have a very embarrasing issue: my stool is too watery. The embarrasing part of it is after each bowel movement, I have to wipe alot to get clean. I am talking about 3/4 to an entire roll of toilet paper each time. This is embarrasing as my parents are very annoyed that I am using so much toilet paper and flushing the toilet many times. However, it is even more embarrasing when friends/coworkers. I seriously am in the bathroom for 20 minutes each time I have a bowel movement due to the amount of wiping I have to do. I have been able to get around it as I am usually at home when I have a bowel movement and my last job I had I was able to have bowel movements and no one realized how long I was in the bathroom but I feel eventually this will be an issue. Another issue I have is that after I wipe and get clean, I have to wipe again within the hour because I am dirty again. It is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

I have read that this is caused by a high fat diet. I have had this issue for about 2 years now and in that time I have had numerous diets. Currently I am on a low fat diet and I eat extremely healthy but I am still having this issue. Should I take anti-diarrhea pills?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dang12; 03-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
(female)

m4g3 HB User
Re: Very Embarrasing Bowel Issue

Hi Dang12,
I have had Irrital Bowel Syndrom for year now (I am 49). It was only about three years ago when I changed Gastroenterologists that I got one solution to the Diarrhea. It was calcium suppliments. I don't know if you have tried this before but it is a pretty easy solution to try. I take 600mg twice a day. I used to take Dicyclomine 20 mg four times a day for the cramping (it didn't always work)but now only have to take 10 mg twice a day. I have the ocassional cramping now but hardly ever have runny stools.
m4g3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I would not recommend over-the-counter anti-diarhhea pills, without the okay of a physician. It might mask the symptom, but there might be some underlying condition. Does eating a healthy diet include sufficient fiber? I have never heard about high fat causing watery stool. Have you experimented with your diet much?

In any event, with this going on over 2 years, the best thing may be to see a doctor. Wiping a lot can create other medical problems, in addition to the social awkwardness.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
(male)

Dang12 HB User

Thanks for the replies.

I mean I have adapted to this: I have lots of toilet paper and I can somewhat predict when I will have my bowel movements. I guess it just concerns me as I feel eventually this will become very public at work and elsewhere.

By the way, when I say that my stool is too watery, I dont mean so watery that its like diarreha but definetly not normal- more like the consistency of peanut butter (sorry to be graphic but to give you a clear picture).

I actually have thought of the fiber issue. I used to take two tablets of fiber along with a very healthy diet everyday with other fiber sources. I took fiber pills becuase many years ago I did have an issue where my stool had extremely low amounts of water in it, basically the exact opposite issue I have now. I stopped taking the fiber about four days ago and I have not noticed anything different. I have read that fiber makes it so more water is put into your stool so naturally i thought that was the reason for this but it wasnt. I am not sure if i have to give it more time before my body adjusts to not taken in that level of fiber.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
(male)

Dang12 HB User

After reading about it some more it appears that I have not been consuming enough fiber in the diet. Unfortunately I was under the mistaken assumption that fiber only loosened stool. However, I have read that fiber also removes water from the stool and is treatment for diahhrea. Apparently fiber treats constipation AND diarreha.

I will start to change my diet today. I will check back with you guys if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

surferdude26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang12 View Post
After reading about it some more it appears that I have not been consuming enough fiber in the diet. Unfortunately I was under the mistaken assumption that fiber only loosened stool. However, I have read that fiber also removes water from the stool and is treatment for diahhrea. Apparently fiber treats constipation AND diarreha.

I will start to change my diet today. I will check back with you guys if the issue persists.

Thanks!
Hey Dang,
Surferdude26 here. I read your reply to your post about IBS. Have you thought about, trying some Rhubarb Root with Flax Seed Oil? Apparently, it has helped some people on other websites who've had problems with their bowels, or worse, people who've had what's called Fecal Body Odor. I would say, buy some flax seeds and put 2 tbsp into a blender. Grind it down, but not to the point where it's all flour, but make sure that it is still somewhat chopped up!! But some water and apples into the blender with the flax seed and try that!! I hope that, this helps solve you problem. If you want to post me, feel free to do so at anytime. Okay, take care. I hope, to hear from you soon. Take care.

Closed Thread