It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

zoranm HB User
Thumbs up It turns out i don't have a hemmerhoid

I just wanted to post that i went to the Dr. yesterday thinking i had a hem. that would not go away no matter what i did so he checked it and found i didn't have one after all, i had an anal fissure. He gave me cream and told me to take metemucil until it healed even though constipation isn't really a problem for me right now. Even after 24 hours it feels SO much better and i am not even bleeding anymore after a BM. I thought i would update in case someone else has this problem and assumes it is a hemmerhoid. GL to all with any problems you are having that they get resolved soon .

Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: It turns out i don't have a hemmerhoid

make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water and i would also suggest taking a couple stool softeners at bed time.

before i had surgery my fissure would get better and then i would always have a relapse and be back to square one again. metamucil and stool softeners was not enough to heal the fissure for me.

i ultimately had to have LIS surgery, which did fix the problem that i had been dealing with for over 2 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread