It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

karmahelpme HB User
Question hemorrhoidectomy - hole healed too small?

I just had some mixed hemorroids removed 7 days ago and am not sure I am not in trouble...I called my doctor twoce, but only was able to speak to his assistant that said he said not to worry. The pain pills constipated me for 2 days, so I quit taking them (the pain was not bad thank god) and milk of mag gave me diarrhea for 2 days. Since then, the stools were 3/4" x 1/2" max in cross-section...they come out in short "ribbons". I haven't passed anything larger and they hurt. Maybe 1/2 cup at a time max. I go 3 or 4 times a day. Sitting in warm water helps with burning, but I can't seem to have a BM in the tub. I thought the paste consistency BM may be too soft to re-stretch the sphincter, so cut back on fiber. Now i'm backed up again and back on milk of mag. The pressure on the anus is horrible!
Anyone had similar BM's and how did you heal? How is this corrected if the anus doesn't eventually stretch? Is that a bad surgery? I only have one colorectal doctor in my town, or I'd get another opinion. Anyone have advice?????

Scared

Old 03-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
(male)

AZander HB User
Re: hemorrhoidectomy - hole healed too small?

It is normal for when one suffers from trauma down in that region to feel tightning in the anus. The best thing you can do to avoid stenosis is to try to pass those solid BM's, even if they do hurt, because having to stick a dialator inside you will probably hurt worse in the end. Gl and hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
(female)

karmahelpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZander View Post
It is normal for when one suffers from trauma down in that region to feel tightning in the anus. The best thing you can do to avoid stenosis is to try to pass those solid BM's, even if they do hurt, because having to stick a dialator inside you will probably hurt worse in the end. Gl and hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for the reply AZander,

I just nearly passed out passing a BM. Still "ribbons" and blood. I'm afraid the hole already healed too small and don't think it's going to stretch like a normal sphincter would. The thought of a dialator is horrifying. Hopefully this will improve, or at worst they can cut me to open it up more. I recall your name from former threads...i've been reading these for the past couple years. I hope you are doing fantastic and have a normal life again.

take care!
k

Old 03-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
(male)

AZander HB User

If BM's are to painful for you, you can actually have a BM in your tub which usually is a whole lot less painful, but aslo makes a mess, but hey many have done it on this board and will tell you it brings comfort. You can also buy a bidget that holds water and submerge your rear end into it while having your BM. Some claim it works, others claim you sit up too high. It's another idea for ya. The tub idea is probably the best method though.

Look up a user called TacomaGuy. He wrote up a post-op guide to hemorrhoidectomy recovery. Good study material right there.

Last edited by AZander; 03-27-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
(female)

karmahelpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZander View Post
If BM's are to painful for you, you can actually have a BM in your tub which usually is a whole lot less painful, but aslo makes a mess, but hey many have done it on this board and will tell you it brings comfort. You can also buy a bidget that holds water and submerge your rear end into it while having your BM. Some claim it works, others claim you sit up too high. It's another idea for ya. The tub idea is probably the best method though.

Look up a user called TacomaGuy. He wrote up a post-op guide to hemorrhoidectomy recovery. Good study material right there.
Hey AZander,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I tried the tub a dozen times...couldn't go while horizontal. It's been about 15 days now and i've healed well. I still have discomfort while doing a BM, but still can't seem to get them firm enough. Not sure how much hole will ultimately stretch yet. Sitting bothers me in most positions and site is still very tender. After my 1 month doctor visit I plan to write a log of my experience on this site to try to help others. I did follow Tacoma Guys advice prior to surgery and afterwards...it was very reassuring and helpful. I even sent it to my doctor...I think that annoyed him
k

Closed Thread