It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
(male)

bearded HB User
A lump on the ring of my anus

I have a small pea sized lump just around the ring of my anus im very VERY worried about it I've had it for months now i hasn't grown or shrunk since i found it. it causes me discomfort when im taking a number 2 it makes my anus feel tight and hurts to pass number 2's and most of the time a small amount of blood will be on the tissue when i wipe, i think its making it tight there so the skin rips maybe? Im worried it could be cancer. thank you for any info you can share.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User
Re: A lump on the ring of my anus

sounds like the classic symptoms of an anal fissure. that lump is probably a skin tag... it could be a hemorrhoid too though. if you want to try avoiding a doctor than you need to really up your water intake and take a couple stool softeners at bed time and get some metamucil and take it at least once a day. some people drink a tablespoon of olive oil or take flax seed oil capsules too.

if that doesn't work after a few weeks, you really need to go see a colon and rectal surgeon. they will be able to tell you for sure whether or not it is an anal fissure. don't worry or be embarrassed, they are a lot more common than you think.

i had to have LIS surgery in late december and i am so thankful i did. it was a quick simple procedure and i was feeling better in a few days. i feel 98% back to normal now and i didn't suffer any incontinence of any sort. it was no big deal at all.

my colon and rectal surgeon said he performs at around 200 LIS surgeries a year and has been doing so for 30 plus years. he said the success rate of LIS surgery is near 100%

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
(female)

wantrelief HB Userwantrelief HB User

forgot to add, that taking magnesium helps things too.

and if you have a lot of pain, take motrin, or some sort of IB profrin, and after bowel movements, a lot of people find taking sitz baths help with the pain and discomfort, (they did for me) and also, you should consider wiping with Tucks wipes or some sort of flushable wipes instead of using T.P.

hope you start feeling better soon

Old 04-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
(male)

bearded HB User

Thank you ive just done some quick googling on anal fissures and the symptoms are exactly like mine, thank you so much again i was very worried ill get straight on buying the stuff you suggested, THANK YOU!!

Closed Thread