It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
(male)

midgetized HB User
Help. Blood in Stool and scared.

I'm a 19 year old male student at a university. I went to the cafeteria to eat dinner at about 6 or 7 PM. As I got up to put away my tray, I noticed that I was feeling bloated. I got back to my dorm and immediately went into the bathroom stall.

While I wiped, I noticed that the area felt a bit warmer than usual. I checked the toilet paper and I noticed bright red blood. I saw that there was what appeared to be a decent amount of bright red blood in the stool as well.

After I finished wiping, I went back to hang out with my friends. Now, however, I have been feeling rumbling in my stomach. I almost feel like I need to use the bathroom again, but I am afraid to.

I've been really worried about it since and I am unsure as to whether this is serious or not. Any quick insight would be extremely appreciated.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
(female)

Snuggypoop HB User
Re: Help. Blood in Stool and scared.

Blood in the stool can be caused by many things...what you ate the day before etc..
If it is only a one time thing or every once in awhile dont worry about it....it could be hemmoroids or your rectum is just irritated. If it persists for longer than a week go to the doctor and he will help you. Rectal bleeding can happen occasionally but if it is an on going problem than its a problem. Sometimes rectal bleeding can be a sign of an infection but its not life threatening.. Try not to worry I am sure its nothing..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread