It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
(male)

MJontario66 HB User
72 hour (fecal) fat absorption test question

hii there
i have a question regarding the test if anyone here knows anything about it...basically from reserach i read about this test and decided it sounds like something i need to do...i went to my thyroid doctor and he said ask your family doctor for the test..
ii asked my family doctor and he wrote me the requisition..i picked up the bucket from the hospital now i'm here preparing for it
i realized that i never asked my doctor anything specifically about what i'm supposed to do..i read a guide on the test and i understand the main steps i must take..

do i need to keep a log of when i eat,what and how much during the 72 hours? i' m supposed to eat 100g/day of fat 3 days prior to..and during the 72 hrs 150g/day of fat/day..now what kindof fat is this supposed to be, should it be good fat like avocadoes,nuts and olive oil? thats a lot of fat and i don't know how much of wha ti should be consuming..

also, after i unleash my droppings in the paint can for the first time, do i refrigerate the can or freeze it?

when i picked the thing uup from the hospital i really expected something bigger equipped with something like a strong chemical odour inside but its nothing mmore than a regular empty paint can..won't the thing wreek when i'm carrying it to the laboratory? i really hope i can freeze it because that would make this entire disturbing experience a lot easier

thank u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread