It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User
Unhappy More bowel problems 4+ months after surgery

I had an incarcerated hernia with a small bowel obstruction in November of last year. A couple of days after this was diagnosed I had surgery to repair the hernia and take out about 10cm of my small intestine.

It's been a difficult recovery so far, and not long ago my bowels seemed to return to normal - whatever that is for someone like me with IBS.

Yesterday and today I had a general feeling of discomfort in my abdomen (lower, mostly) and a couple of days prior to that I had diarrhea. Now it's hard for me to pass stools. I will go a little bit here and a little bit there, and it looked like it was getting better this evening.

I know I am not totally blocked up or I wouldn't be able to go at all, like what happened in November. But how can I be sure that when I have an IBS flareup that it's not a repeat of what happened last year?

I'd exercise more but I've been sick with my asthma because of the high pollen count. Someone told me to drink more water and someone else suggested I take some over the counter fiber supplement to help regulate my system.

I feel crummy tonight and don't know if I should be worried or not......couldn't reach my doctor this afternoon as they closed early - again.

Advice, anyone?

Closed Thread