It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
(male)

hemmy HB User
Acupuncture?

Has anyone had any luck with acupuncture for the treatment of hemorrhoids?

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
(male)

cmk20 HB User
Re: Acupuncture?

hi hemmy

sorry i had to post my msg here as im not sure if the board has a function for sending private messages of if the thread i'm referring to is still active (if ever, you may try to reply to me as i had turned on an option for that, not sure if it works)

anyway this is actually related to a previous thread you started ("Soft stools a must..") which i came across.. i am having the same problems but the cause of my issues is more on anal fissures rather than hemorrhoids, although the solutions and preventions are fairly the same.. i saw that the thread ended i think with you trying the flaxseed oil capsules

"The only thing i have changed is i started taking flaxseed oil caps 3 times a day(3000mg), 500mg vitamin c with rosehips and rutin(for other reasons) and increased my fish intake all about 2 weeks ago."

i was just curious on what had happened after this.. did it help longterm? sorry i havent gone through your other more recent posts since i have just joined the site, but i will be checking those very soon.. anyway, i am planning to try the flaxseed caps and see if it helps me.. basically im on a similar set of symptoms as those described in that thread, im trying to maintain soft stools which are not too large.. although currently im on a different approach.. im using the mineral oil & fiber approach.. it used to work for me but something happened at one point where i think i had a wrong bowel consistency and it all continued not so good from there on.. currently i am on and off with or without scratching my fissures so unfortunately i am still finding a solution that will be constant again..

i have upped my mineral oil intake but regardless, it doesnt seem to be fool proof still, the start of my stool would still be scratchy at times and sometimes it wont be and will be well lubricated.. i am also thinking the problematic start of my stool may not be solely due to my breakfast (because i currently take fruits and minimal oatmeals plus fybogel for breakfast only) but probably something residual from dinner of the night before.. these are still things i need to experiment.. i am just hoping that my anal region does not get tired of me finding the correct solution and hoping it hasnt progressed to something worse like fistula or etc..

apparently i cant take too much mineral oil (or any oil for that matter) as it makes me heavy headed and i couldnt concentrate very much.. so one option i am thinking of trying is to lower my mineral oil intake to an acceptable dosage that it covers the latter meals of the day (i take mineral oil before bedtime and is supposed to be lubricating the stools made for the day) and take olive oil or coconut oil or flaxseed oil during breakfasts at least.. so am wondering how this flaxseed oil has been for you..

anyway sorry for a long mail on a supposedly different thread.. and would very much appreciate any info that you can share..

-c

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
(male)

hemmy HB User

Hello,

well unfortunately the flaxseed oil worked for about a week, then my body adjusted and i was back to square one. They may work for u, give it a shot.

For the last year and a half i've been taking a stool softener called Restoralax. That's the name for it here in Canada but it's sold in the States as Miralax. Not sure if it's available in Asia. It's PEG 3550 which is the same stuff used for colonoscopy prep but in much smaller doses.

It's been working quite well, bm's are how they should be now. I don't like the idea of taking a laxative everyday but everything else i have tried has failed...

Last edited by hemmy; 09-26-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
(male)

cmk20 HB User

hi hemmy

thanks for your reply and info..

ya i think i saw Miralax here.. i'll go confirm it and do some reading about it.. so this is called a stool softening laxative?.. is it similar to milk ok magnesia which if i remember right induces loose or even diarrheic stools? (sorry im not very familiar with stool softening laxatives

anyway hope you're doing ok.. but you are still taking this or have you stopped?

i dont know if you have tried mineral oil but for now i wont recommend it yet because i havent found the correct 'code' combination of mineral oil, fiber and the foods i take.. but im hoping i get it soon enough.. my anal fissure bleeding stopped sometime ago but as i've mentioned something happened and it restarted again and for now i am trying to recalculate the correct combination of things.. and if i find it i'll let you know and hopefully it may help you too in any way.. < edited >

one thing i remember though.. i had internal hemorrhoids earlier this year and that was earlier on solved by the fiber/mineral oil combination though of course i cant compare it with your case as im not very familiar with your whole condition.. i would say mine would be moderate case of internal hemorrhoids that time..

currently it's more of anal fissure issues for me so the right consistency and lubrication of stool is my target (which i think is all our targets)

anyway hope you are good or get better soon enough (and that goes for all of us

-c

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-27-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
(male)

cmk20 HB User

hi hemmy

you mentioned you have been taking the laxative for a year and a half already and get the correct consistency you need? shouldnt it have solved your problem already? anyway sorry for asking, just wanted understand

thanks
-c

Old 09-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
(male)

hemmy HB User

Laxatives fall under different classes. Miralax is in the osmotic class. It is not supposed to be absorbed by the colon so is safe to take long term and is not addictive but u will find different opinions on that.

For anal fissure, it should work well. There are threads on this board where people have had success with this.

As for me, the hemmorhoids are under control but unfortunately i have other issues due to a surgery gone wrong 4 yrs ago. I still take the laxative everyday as it helps keep my stools soft on a consistent basis. I have tried every diet but nothing helps long term other than taking this laxative.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
(male)

cmk20 HB User

thanks very much for these info

hope we get well soon enough.. regards to you

Old 09-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
(male)

hemmy HB User

You're welcome, let's hope, and all the best to you.

Closed Thread