It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
(male)

BinderZoo HB User
Dark poops after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy 1 week ago because they said there was blood in my poop (I was anemic). The Dr said everything was fine, took a few samples for lab testing and it all came back normal. Attributed the bleeding to my aspirin use (325mg per day). Anyway, since the procedure my poops have been very very dark. You could say black. They were formally brown. Did he nick something? Will it heal on its own?

Thanks

BinderZoo

Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
(male)

drlguy HB User
Re: Dark poops after colonoscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinderZoo View Post
I had a colonoscopy 1 week ago because they said there was blood in my poop (I was anemic). The Dr said everything was fine, took a few samples for lab testing and it all came back normal. Attributed the bleeding to my aspirin use (325mg per day). Anyway, since the procedure my poops have been very very dark. You could say black. They were formally brown. Did he nick something? Will it heal on its own?

Thanks

BinderZoo

Hard black or soft black? I've read online that if its soft black and sticky / not solid then worry. If it's hard then I don't know.

I'm not a Dr. so your best bet would be to give him a call.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

when do you go back for your biopsy results?

Have you changed your diet much sihce the scope?

How often are you having bms?

q

Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
(male)

BinderZoo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
when do you go back for your biopsy results?

Have you changed your diet much sihce the scope?

How often are you having bms?

q
"Biopsy results were all normal. No change to diet. Once a day or so. The doctor did start me on iron supplement. That looks like it might be the culprit"

Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Great the results were normal....and yes, iron supplements can darken the stool. They can also cause constipation. You might consider to add a fibre supplement.

q

Closed Thread