It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

my2dawls HB User
Leaking mucus when passing gas?

I just had surgery on 4/29/10...laparoscopic rectopexy but then he had to open me up to take out over a foot of my colon because it was too long and "floppy" as he put it.

So it's been over a month since I had surgery. I'm still quite tired and have pain every once in awhile which I've been told is normal. My open incision is still swollen but he said that was normal at my 2 week follow-up and would take awhile to go down. I'm also still quite bloated.

But my real question is...I've started "leaking" some kind of mucus when I pass gas. Is that normal? It's driving me nuts and I don't know if there's anything I can do to make that stop...

Old 06-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Leaking mucus when passing gas?

I don't have any experience with what you're going through, but it could possibly be from infection, extreme activity (such as from IBS), reaction to the assult in that area producing more mucus, dysfunction of the sphincter...etc.

How are your bms at this time?

Did your doc suggest any fibre supplements or even probiotics?

How about any rectal meds or even antispasmodics that could help?

Is there such thing as therapy for the rectum...after you heal...such as kegel exercises?

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread