It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

Darren75 HB User
Insane with worry please help

Hi, I will try and keep this as brief as possible. I am a 35 year old male and overweight by about 4 stones. Basicly for well over a year now I have had a small hard lump which would make itself present on my anus after each bowel movement. A short while after though it would return to wherever it had came from. Until about 3 weeks ago when I passed a motion and had quite a bit of pain. The sharp pain subsided after about 3 days but it left me with a considerable aching pain in my anus which i am still experiencing now. The hard lump is also present constantly and does not return inside my anus. It also feels as though it has grown and is about the size of half a grape maybe. It is slightly uncomfortable to touch but I wouldnt say painfull. I have also not experienced any bleeding which I know will sound odd but this worries me as most of the sites I have looked at all say that bleeding is a common symptom. The lump is kind of a purple colour but not like any of the thrombosed pictures I have seen. There is also another soft fleshy lump more irregular in shape but again it is not painfull and does not bleed. I have been to the doctors who have said that it is hemorrhoids but I am really worried I may have been mis-diagnosed. The main reason for this is that i cant really identify my symptoms with what I have read online, they all say pain but do not specify what they mean by pain. I am experiencing a terrible ache that is not releived by anything. If anyone can relate to what i am experiencing please help me. I am so worried that it is something more scarey than hemorrhoids and as i lost my father to Cancer ( Throat ) 5 years ago it has left me with a very deep seated fear.

Thankyou for at least taking the time to read this

kind regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: Insane with worry please help

Hi, Darrin,
I can certainly understand why you are so worried, having lost a parent to cancer. Maybe now is the time to go to one more doctor for their opinion.
I do not think that you have been improperly diagnosed from what you have
described. You need to have peace about your diagnosis, though.

bless you, Sue

Closed Thread