It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
(male)

hudson07 HB User
Thoughts on a fissure with sentinel pile

I've dealt w/ what I thought were hemorrhoids off and on for years. These last couple of months it seemed to be worse in that I felt the effects after every bowel movement. My predominant problem was itching. There was a little blood on the toilet paper after wiping as well. I finally decided enough was enough and went to a colorectal doctor. He diagnosed me w/ an anal fissure with a sentinel pile. He prescribed an anti-bacterial cream and some sort of pink salve (something over the counter but kept behind the pharmacy counter) and said if it didn't get better in a couple of months he'd recommend surgery. He also wants me to get a colonoscopy (I'm 43) just to be sure the bleeding wasn't from something else. Currently my butt is raw (I now know how my 3yr. old feels w/ a diaper rash). Any suggestions out there on how to deal with this? I'd rather not have surgery if I can avoid it (I'm still getting over back surgery 6 mos. ago).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread