It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
(male)

logan832 HB User
This problem is ruining my life... Need help!

Well its some kind of bowel movement problem that I'm almost positive thats triggered by anxiety/emotions. I'm not a shy person; but my anxiety kicks in during moments where I know I can't use the restroom. I start to panic; and shortly after I HAVE to use a restroom to have a bowel movement.

This has always ruined my life. I'll give a few examples.
1) My high school career. Some of my teachers wouldn't allow us to use the restroom while we still had our test. Well soon after the test started my panic would happen; and I would simply have to turn it in halfway blank.

2) My current job as a lifeguard. I am allowed to use the restroom; but we have a lead rotate all of our posistions every hour (and a full rotation takes around 30 minutes). When the lead is rotating; there is noone to get me out if I have to use the restroom. Which inevitably leads to my panic, then that "urge". Because of this, I had to switch from working full time to only two days a week. (Saturday and Sunday because we have two leads)

3) It's very difficult driving places 10+ minutes away; especially on a freeway where it would take awhile to locate a restroom. This just sucks.

4) I can't do a lot of activities with my girlfriend due to reason 3. I love her to death for understanding; but I want to fix this so I can take her out places. I do occasionally now; but I have to secretly make sure there is a restroom there.

But here is the irony. When I know that I have the opportunity to use a restroom; I don't get the anxiety and don't have to go. I REALLY am hoping for any type of advice. I don't really want to take anxiety medication; and I don't have the money for a professional psychiatrist. I would like to get this solved soon; because my first year of college is starting in august; and I would have the same issue when taking tests there.

I eat healthy; and make sure I get enough fiber/soluble fiber.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: This problem is ruining my life... Need help!

It would seem some behaviour modification techniques might be helpful. A psychologist or psychiatrist would be helpful for that.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: This problem is ruining my life... Need help!

time to see a doctor you either IBS or a bowel disease such as Crohns or Colitis..To fix this problem you first have to find out what you have there is help but you should go see your doctor

Closed Thread