It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

LoveSurgery HB User
Bowel movement every 2 weeks!!

Hello:

I am a 38 yr old female and I can only go every 2 weeks if that! I am on some medications which I know plays a part of this but to back me up like this? I swear I look 8 months pregnant! I am short of breath and I feel awful! I have had this problem for a few years now but this is the worst its gotten. I currently take Suboxone, Paxil & Neurontin. I just got insurance last week and I am having a colonoscopy done next week. Which brings me to another subject I wanted to talk about. I had this same test done about 7 years ago and I was still on suboxone at the time, they gave me the twilight for the colonoscopy and I started screaming when they started cause I felt everything they were doing!! Maybe it was because of the suboxone (its a opiate aganist) so this time this doctor said were going to put you to sleep using Propofol. Has anyone ever had that happen to them? They stopped the test after a few minutes. Anyhow back to what I was talking about. I have tried everthing over the counter for this, even the citrate stuff I drank 3 bottels and NOTHING!! So this doc said do 3 days of prep and you should be cleaned out. Well see ...I am trying to stay positive. I can tell you wen I tried getting off the suboxone a year ago I lost 40 pounds and was going to the bathroom every hour. Like I said I know the pills I take are part of the reason I am like this. Someone told me they had a friend that was so backed up they actually started to vomit there poop. Is that possible? Wow how awful!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

lovamastiff HB User
Re: Bowel movement every 2 weeks!!

I am 39 and have crohns so it is normal for me to go only once a week but recently I went 25 days with no bowel movement. I had abdominal pain, vomitting everyday, pressure, and loss of appitite. Finally called my gi doc. and he schedualed a colonoscopy but the prep did not work so he sent me home. ^ hrs. later the prep took affect and then i had stool coming out of vagina so i went to the er. They foound the stool in vagina so they did a ct ( the prep from that cleaned me right out). They found nothing on the ct. So off to the gi doc. again for another colonoscopy. I also had a bad experience the first time. I was not out enough and I felt the whole thing. I also take a lot of meds that have a sleepy affect. Now they make sure they give me more anistita than normal. So in conclution do the 3 day prep and that should clean you out but next time dont wait two weeks to see a doc. Do you see a regular surgen or a GI doc? You should see a Gastrointerologist since you have this happen often. Your not alone!!!!

Closed Thread