It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
(male)

teamwil HB User
Pain meds after hemmeroidectomy

Wow - so I never thought I would be researching bowel disorders - and actually wish I had done this prior to surgery not after wards. Quite frankly I am in agony here and was naive enough to have scheduled my surgery on a Thursday with the expectation that i would be able to go back to work the following monday. AH HA HA HA. When the Dr said it would be painful.. I thought he was over stating the case

So anyway I am in the throws of post surgery pain. Sweating as I type. Anyway the Dr gave me 8 oxycontanin - which I guess should have been the first sign that this was a deadly serious situation. I have one left and frankly can't imagine next week without something. He also gave me 2 mg Dialudid - I have more of them but its like trying to throw pebbles to fill up the grand canyon.

can I get more pain medicine - its sunday. WHom do I call. Will he think I am a drug addict? And most importantly when do you think I will be able to go back to work. I own a small business and really need to be there.

OUCH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
(male)

teamwil HB User
Re: Pain meds after hemmeroidectomy

So its 5 days after surgery and well it still hurts like "crap" I got more drugs and just having them was comforting. Went all last night without any pain meds and while it was uncomfortable - I made it.

I own a small business and really need to get back to the office. Do you think a week out is reasonable? i think I can handle the regular pain - its the BM pain that terrifies me - it takes me an hour to overcome that as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamwilson View Post
Wow - so I never thought I would be researching bowel disorders - and actually wish I had done this prior to surgery not after wards. Quite frankly I am in agony here and was naive enough to have scheduled my surgery on a Thursday with the expectation that i would be able to go back to work the following monday. AH HA HA HA. When the Dr said it would be painful.. I thought he was over stating the case

So anyway I am in the throws of post surgery pain. Sweating as I type. Anyway the Dr gave me 8 oxycontanin - which I guess should have been the first sign that this was a deadly serious situation. I have one left and frankly can't imagine next week without something. He also gave me 2 mg Dialudid - I have more of them but its like trying to throw pebbles to fill up the grand canyon.

can I get more pain medicine - its sunday. WHom do I call. Will he think I am a drug addict? And most importantly when do you think I will be able to go back to work. I own a small business and really need to be there.

OUCH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

Lexi1997 HB User
Re: Pain meds after hemmeroidectomy

I am only a few days ahead of you in recovery and I can tell you that the pain is much more manageable. I make no promises for the BM pain though. I am supposed to go to orientation for a new job next Monday and I am hoping to be able to be comfortable enough to get through it. Maybe someone further along than us will respond and give us hope!

Closed Thread