It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

JasonKid HB User
Anus burning/stinging

I don't know if this would qualify as a "bowel disorder" per se but I don't know where else to post it.

Two days ago I started getting a dull stinging sensation in my anus. I didn't think much of it since I experience the feeling from time to time after a bout of diarrhea or as a result of wiping too much. Normally the pain subsides in 10 minutes or so.

This time the pain didn't go away. In fact, it has gotten worse. It's more of a "stinging" sensation than a "burning" sensation. It sort of feels like a porcupine is trying to crawl up my ********. The pain is so bad that it hurts to walk. I tried to soothe the area by gently running cool water over it in the shower.... BIG MISTAKE. Hurt like CRAZY!

I've ruled out hemorrhoids since I've heard that's caused by excessive pressure on the rectum, and for the past week my bowel movements have been very soft and loose. Only change to my diet is a high-calorie weight gainer supplement that I coincidentally started drinking the day this problem began. Is there any chance the supplement could be causing the problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in quite a bit of pain here.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Re: Anus burning/stinging

I have the same problem on and off. I get diarrhea a lot and if I go at least 4 - 5 times a day I start to get this awful stinging and burning, no itching.
I also feel uncomfortable when I walk.

In the drugstore they sell these round jars of "Tucks" with little wipes inside, about 100 medicated pads. They sell them for people with hemorrhoids, as wipes. When I have the problem like you, I take one pad and put it in my anus. These pads really help me, and you can walk around with them. I mean the pad does not fall out. I usually keep the pad there until I go to the bathroom again. By then the burning is gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

Jasonkid, I just read your post again, but I do not have the pain you describe, only severe stinging and burning

Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
(male)

JasonKid HB User

Thought I'd post an update. Thanks for the response, Laura B, but I'm pretty much okay now.

I stopped using the weight gainer supplement that I began using the night this problem started. Within 2 or 3 days my anus healed on its own and I was walking around pain free. I tried adding the weight gainer supplement back into my diet to see if the pain would flare up again but it never did. So I don't know what exactly caused my anus to start hurting so much. It must have just been a coincidence that it happened the same night I started drinking this new supplement. Weird.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
(male)

GulfCoastGuy HB User

Don't believe people who say hemorroids are only caused by pushing or straining, I got a thrombosed one after a bout of diarrhea, believe me there was no need to push that night . Acidic bile in diarrhea can certainly cause irritation and inflamed hemorrhoids.

Closed Thread