It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

avandia HB User
bowel problems-need advise

Hi, Seventeen years ago i had a hysterectomy because of severe endometreosis and the endometriosis was wraped around my lower left colon, I had severe pain with really bad constipation and within the year lost 35 pounds.During this time i had a colonscopy and barium test showed extensive diverticula pouches.Well in time i started to get better and gained back the weight i had lost and only from time to time did i have any problems...untill the past few months i started having severe constipation and started to pass a little blood so my doc sent me to have the same test (a different doc)the test showed the same extensive diverticula with some strictured areas and now im losing weight again because i have so much pain when i eat alot,tried the fiber foods,dident work well, so tried ciracell,worked ok,then worked to well and made my lower left side feel like a fire was in there.Doc put me on cipro,flagyl before the test were done,dident help though,just made me feel like throwing up and dizzy.My question is for anyone thats had a colonostomy,how was the recovery?If i have to have that done what is the down side or side effects?Doc told me that would be a last resort but dident tell me anything else.Sorry my spellings not to good but between the pain and weakness from eating so little im doing good just to be able to sit at my pc.thanks for any replies.

Closed Thread