It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
(male)

feilong HB User
Re: Post Haemorroidhectomy - 9 weeks on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilong View Post
Gosh brother! I tell you what though... it is taking you a while, but it will be behind you some years later and you will say, SHEESH, I made it thru that???

I feel rather good today (haven't had my first BM yet... we will see how that changes). OH, I forgot to mention how in the hospital, I had to go thru THREE IV bags before I can pee... and you know what my whole thought process was that WHOLE time I was there (from 0730-1500 (3pm))????? I DON'T WANT A CATHETER!!!!!!!!! I tried to dream of peeing just so I can pee the bed I was on i my sleep... I didn't care... anywho, I pee'd eventually, thank the LORD!

Man, I feel so terrible. I've been on this crap fiber diet for over a week, and last night, my wife just HAD to make these burgers... I couldn't resist. Lets hope I don't pray for redemption this morning when I have to go. I did take an extra colace and some miralax, so I'm hoping those elements combine like the captain planet and show that burger and bun who's boss. Needless to say, I'm going to go back to my high in fiber diet, cause I've lost quite a bit of weight

I think today is day twelve btw for me. Just countin them down. I might have to work at some point this week. I feel really bad because they've had to pull people to cover my position but... HECK, I just had one of the most painful surgeries in the world right? They'll be ok, I'm sure I'll cover someone at some point in the future.

I'm trying really hard to stick to my morning rituals of a few vitamin pills in the morning, 2 colace with a meal.. OOPS, I forgot to eat... let me do that now. Ok, I just ate a honey crisp apple... people, THESE ARE THE BEST APPLES EVER! With the skin though.. i hear without the skin can cause you some unnecessary anguish, and if you are like me.. I don't like to learn the hard way (did that once when I got two double cheese burgers from McDonalds... the day after, I fainted from the pain of pushing while constipated. This was my passing of the glass and a solar flare movement that I will forever be scarred by, in my mind).

Oh, and you will get a kick out of this... there is a lot of preparation you can do for this procedure, and then there are things you will find out afterwards that you might require... I asked my wife for a few items and she had the nerve to tell me I was 'over reacting'... WHAT??? Oh I was so mad lol... all I could say was, "you need to be me for a day and feel what I go thru MA'AM!!!" lol. But she redeemed herself last night because she was brave enough to cut out the stitches that were hanging out (dr directed). She held her nose like I was gonna skunk her or something.

But anyways, guyofchelt! I hope your spasms don't plague you for too much longer and that you don't have to do that DYI thing. It's a hard road, but keep going man, keep it going! Is there a chance that you can be prescribed Valium? I hear it relaxes the muscles... I can neither confirm or deny that... I take them, and they make me sleepy, but as for spasms, I'm not sure, but they say that it's supposed to help with that. I've experienced the spasms in the past; it was a spasm where I literally rolled in bed, knees to my chest, and I was hollering to God saying "LORD, what did I do!! I won't do it again, I promise..." and it lasted for a good 30 mins. The next one was the day I got home from surgery... i was walking up the steps, and then it hit me, and I was crawling on the floor. It felt like... someone took a blender prong, and put it in there and turn that bad boy on. My wife looked at me on the floor like I was crazy. You guys feel my pain, and vice versa.

Well, that's all I have for today. I have some rumbling going on, so that might be a good sign. Keep me posted brother and I hope that I was able again to make you smile and help you thru this as you do for me.
So ya that rumble was the show, and um... I guess you are only supposed to take Colace like, once or twice a day... I took two yesterday morning and two right before bed and that was a bad idea.... might have been known, but, just learn from my mistake... CHEERS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #17
(male)

feilong HB User

Hey All,

It's day 15 for me post op. What a turnaround it's been since day 7. The last two days I didn't have but one BM, and I was worried. I recently changed my diet to pita bread with turkey and baked potatoes with the skin.... sigh YA that made for some difficulty this morning BUT, the pain was very VERY manageable. Normally I'd be paralyzed with pain, looking at the tub of water and finding a way to get into it... this morning, I had the water going, felt like I still needed to 'go' and just stood there for another moment (I don't sit just yet, HOVER), and I was fine. The pain was gone just before I sat down in the tub. The burning is still there, but WAY less than before, and I think the hard stools scrapped the canal a bit. But ya guys, I hope that when you reach this mark you have similar progress.

Only issues I'm really having is itching!!! It's so aggravating. Soaking works for a bit... I tried the A&D Ointment... not sure if it worked or not. ACTUALLY, after applying that and going to sleep, I had a out of body experience or SOMETHING happened while I was sleeping, so I wonder if it got into my blood stream and it has some element that some illegal drugs have lol.... anyways. SO back to my eating of salad and fiber cereals ALL day everyday. I just want a big mac or a whopper y'all and not even have to worry about it. One day!

Keep us all posted guys. Take care and keep at it.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
(male)

guyofchelt HB User

Hi Feilong,
Well further progress at long last. I had my operation on May 18th and ever since then is has been a rather long and and painful recovery. I guess the pain started reducing at 12/13 weeks, but Spasm has never left me.
Each morning (after week 12/13) I feel completely normal until my first BM which is always within 30 minutes of waking. After my BM I am in Spasm for the remainder of the day.
On 5 November I woke as usual, had my BM and "No Spasm" - A brilliant day. The next day was also superb! Since then some mild spasm has returned, but I am hopeful that this go completely in the not too distant future.
So for any of those out there reading my tale of woe, maybe do not be too disheartened yet as it would seem there is still some hope of a full recovery for me :-)

Will keep you posted.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #19
(male)

Excavator HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilong View Post
I feel rather good today (haven't had my first BM yet... we will see how that changes). OH, I forgot to mention how in the hospital, I had to go thru THREE IV bags before I can pee... and you know what my whole thought process was that WHOLE time I was there (from 0730-1500 (3pm))????? I DON'T WANT A CATHETER!!!!!!!!! I tried to dream of peeing just so I can pee the bed I was on i my sleep... I didn't care... anywho, I pee'd eventually, thank the LORD!
I'm with you brother! I did not want a catheter either. I can still have trouble urinating but it's nothing like the first day when it just would not start. I'm on day 4 now, I had 3 large internal and 3 smaller external hemorrhoids removed.

The day I had so much trouble peeing, my wife put me in the shower and just standing there with the hot water hitting me on the belly made things open up right away. Just pee in the shower! (I laughed when I did it)

Old 01-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #20
(male)

feilong HB User

Hey Everyone!

So it's been about 3 months since my surgery... so ya, I'm still hurting lol. It's not nearly as bad as it has been, but my setbacks with Constipation puts me back to week 3 post op! But you know, that's my fault because I let my Miralax run out, and it's usually the day or two after that I get hit with the big 'C'! But ah... ya, I'm still hopeful that I'll be fully recovered in about 2 months. There is still drainage n stuff, and it still hurts to fart, haha!

Anywho, I hope that you all are having some progress in your recovery. It's a rough road, and there will be LOTS of ups and downs, but at the same time, I don't have hemorrhoids anymore, and this temporary pain with be gone soon enough! Let me know if you guys have any questions with how I dealt with stuff and what to expect as time goes on. Good luck and keep ya head up!

Cullen

Last edited by moderator2; 01-22-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 AM   #21
(male)

Yokel HB User

So how are you guys recovering now? Feilong and Guy?

Old 03-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #22
(male)

feilong HB User

hey Yokel. Unfortunately, I'm still in pain 5 months later. I am having to see my surgeon for a second time. I was asked to come in after 4 months because I told them I was still in pain and shouldn't be. The surgeon said that I must be a slow healer and that there was still swelling down there. During this recovery, I've had a lot of set backs due to constipation. I also had to get another internal hemmy lasered off this last visit. I go back to see my surgeon sometime this week again. Honestly, I give up. I'm depressed and feel that I will live a life of pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to feilong:
guyofchelt (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
(male)

guyofchelt HB User

I am nearly 10 months on after my Haemorrhoidectomy and still experience some pain and discomfort. Recently it has felt almost back to normal but I am on Tramadol pain killers!
My own Doctor, a second opinion and the bloke who originally carried out the operation said that everything looks and feels normal - but from my perspective it does not feel normal.
I am now on two National Health Service (NHS) waiting lists for further investigations to take place. If anything is found or if any change I will try and remember to update this thread.
Right now, I think that I was better off with the Haemorrhoids!

Closed Thread